- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 251
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Scientific Method: Steps, Terms & Examples
Course SummaryThis study guide is designed to help you review basic chemical reactions, properties, theories and more. Brief lessons and self-assessment quizzes offer a flexible and convenient way to study for the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) Chemistry exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course prepares you to answer questions about basic chemistry concepts on the VCE Chemistry exam. Short text and video lessons provide a flexible way to review topics like atoms, elements, compounds, metals, acids and bases, polymers and metabolism. Multiple-choice quizzes are provided for each lesson to help you test your understanding of these chemistry topics before test day. After completing the course, you should be proficient with the following:
- Scientific methods and experiment design
- Molecules, polymers and nanomaterials
- The periodic table
- Lanthanoids and actinoids
- Solving chemical puzzles with light
- Properties of glass and water
- Surfactants and solubility
- Fuel energy
- Food and metabolism
- Redox reactions and chemical change
About the Exam
The VCE Chemistry exam is an assessment exam given to secondary school students in Victoria, Australia. The exam is a two-part test; section A consists of 30 multiple-choice questions and section B is a short- and extended answer format that varies in the number of questions from one year to the next. Section A is worth 30 marks and section B is worth 90 marks. Students are allotted two hours and 30 minutes to complete this exam in addition to 15 minutes reading time. The maximum score students can achieve is 50; a score of 23-37 places a student in the middle range and a score of 38 places students in the top 15%.
VCE Chemistry Exam Preparation & Registration
Reviewing this study guide is a quick and effective way you can prepare for the VCE Chemistry exam. Video and text lessons are a convenient way to study the periodic table and how elements are grouped, organic and ionic compounds, types of chemical reactions, concentration and solubility, food molecules and fuel energy. You'll also study water sampling and quality, surfactants, natural and synthetic polymers, and atoms and atomic structure. Finally, you can learn how to conduct scientific experiments and investigations, analyze results, use laboratory equipment and present findings. Lessons provide 24/7 accessibility from any device so you can study when it's convenient for you. Determine your readiness in taking the VCE Chemistry exam by completing brief self-assessment quizzes that measure your knowledge of each topic.
VCE exams are administered by the school; thus, there is no registration process involved. The VCE Chemistry exam and other VCE exams are given on a date set each year by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority.
The VCE Chemistry exam is administered by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- 4 Ways to Study Effectively for Your CLEP Exams
- How to Help Students Conduct Self-Assessments
- Divorce Law Studies: Education Program and Certification Information
- Graduate Certificate in Biblical Studies
- Graduate Certificates in Theological Studies
- GED Study Guide Flashcards
- Studying 101: Guide to Studying in College
- What to Do When Your Study Group Isn't Helping You Succeed on Exams
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses