- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 136
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Difference between Populations & Samples in Statistics
Course SummaryBoost your understanding of concepts in geometry, trigonometry, statistics, financial mathematics and more with the lessons contained in this extensive study guide. This course covers all of the topics you will be tested on when you take the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) Further Mathematics exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
From data distribution to random sampling, this course is designed to provide a review of advanced mathematical topics that you could expect to encounter when sitting for the VCE Further Mathematics exam. You will go over how to use charts and tables for data representation, statistical and linear relationships, financial calculations and formulas, types and uses of matrices, and graph concepts and functions. Lessons also provide an overview of geometric solids, circles and arcs, trigonometric concepts and measurement.
About the Exam
VCE exams are administered to Victorian students upon completion of their secondary school studies. The VCE Further Mathematics exam consists of two examinations. Examination 1 contains 24 multiple-choice questions and totals 40 marks. Examination 2 has two sections of short- and extended-answer questions and totals 60 marks. Students will have three hours to complete both examinations (one hour and 30 minutes for each exam) and are allotted 15 minutes reading time for each exam. The maximum score one can achieve is 50; a score of 23-37 places a student in the middle range and a score of 38 or over places one in the top 15%.
VCE Further Mathematics Exam Preparation & Registration
This comprehensive study guide is a valuable resource you can use when preparing for the VCE Further Mathematics exam. It offers a quick and easy way to review such topics as random selection, populations and samples, categorical and quantitative data and how to use charts and tables to represent them, statistical calculations, correlation and causation, time series plots, and linear and non-linear relationships and data. You will also review how to calculate finances such as loan payments, mortgages, interest rates and present and future value. Other lessons cover geometric solids and spherical shapes, graphing steps and functions, networking problem solving methods and linear programming. Each lesson provides expert instruction, 24/7 accessibility from any device and the ability to contact instructors with questions. Self-assessment quizzes measure how much you know and your readiness in taking this VCE exam.
Taking VCE exams is a requirement of Victorian students, so there is no formal registration process needed to take the VCE Further Mathematics exam. The Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority determines the date of each exam every year.
The VCE Biology exam is administered by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Financial Mathematics Graduate Programs
- Mathematics Education Graduate Programs
- Understanding Money: Study Examines the Effectiveness of Financial Literacy Education
- Financial Management MBA: Courses & Topics
- What Can You Do With a PhD in Mathematics?
- Mathematical Physics Education Program Information
- List of Free Online Geometry Courses and Lessons
- Mathematics Degree Programs in NJ with Course Overviews
- Mathematics Professions Video: Career Options in Math and Statistics Field
- Mathematical Probability and Statistics
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses