- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 209
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Temperature? - Definition & Measurement
Course SummaryPrepare for the VCE Physics Exam using this interactive study guide. You will find video lessons, topic reviews and interactive quizzes that allow you to review all the topics covered by this exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The lessons contained in this course help you review the topics covered on the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) Physics Exam. You can review key areas of modern physics, including thermodynamics, electricity and motion. This study guide includes lessons that hit every aspect of the exams curriculum, including:
- The theory of relativity
- Thermodynamics and energy conservation
- Mechanical and electromagnetic waves
- The scientific method and scientific experimentation
- Origins of the universe
- Subatomic particles and atomic energy
- Modeling and circuit electricity
- Electrical generation and electronic device use
- Fields and their effects on matter
- Quantum mechanics
- Force, energy and motion
About the Exam
The VCE Physics Exam is administered and monitored by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA). This exam is used to measure the knowledge of students who have completed units three and four of the VCAA curriculum for physics education. It is made up of two parts, A and B. Part A consists of short answer and multiple-choice questions covering Area of Study 1 and 2. Part B is made up of 11 multiple choice questions drawn from Area of Study 3. Students are given 15 minutes of reading time and 120 minutes of writing time to complete this exam.
VCE Physics Exam Preparation & Registration
As you work your way through the various lessons included with this course, you'll review key physics topics that could appear on the VCE Physics Exam. These chapters are made up of text and video lessons with easy to use narration. You'll explore thermodynamic concepts, including how they affect the natural world and human actions. Electricity is covered in several different chapters, with a focus on generation, transmission and effective ways to model electrical activity in a scientific manner. Finish out your study by exploring the theory of relativity and different types of waves. Once you have completed each lesson, you can test what you have covered using sets of interactive quiz and chapter exams. These also help you prepare to answer the questions on the exam itself.
The VCE Physics Exam is required for any student wishing to receive credit for physics education in the state of Victoria. Individual students are not required to register or pay for this exam. Each school district submits a list of eligible students who are then registered. The exam itself takes place during the fourth quarter of the school year beginning in October of each year. Students are allowed to bring one folded A3 sheet or two taped A4 sheets of pre-written notes to use during their exam. Scientific calculators are also encouraged.
The Victorian Certificate of Education Physics Exam is a registered trademark of the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority(VCAA), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Interactive Advertising Course and Class Review
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Financial Examiner Course and Class Reviews
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Become an Interactive Designer: Step-by-Step Career Guide
- University of Arizona Video Review
- University of Memphis Video Review
- University of Nebraska Video Review
- University of Pittsburgh Video Review
- Howard University Video Review
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses