- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 196
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What are Natural Numbers? - Definition & Examples
Course SummaryEnhance your knowledge of various mathematical concepts relating to real numbers, graphing, geometry, trigonometry, algebra and statistics using this extensive study guide. This course is designed to help you review all the topics found on the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) Specialist Mathematics exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Use this course as a quick and effective study tool to prepare for the VCE Specialist Mathematics exam. Our self-paced lessons provide plenty of examples and illustrations to clarify the the algebra, geometry, trigonometry, statistics, probability and calculus topics you'll need to know to pass this exam. This comprehensive study guide offers detailed overviews of such topics as:
- Real, prime, rational and irrational numbers
- Complex numbers and rational functions
- Series and sequences in algebra and geometry
- Measurements of geometric shapes
- Math transformations
- Graphing functions and linear and non-linear relations
- Graph theory in discrete mathematics
- Categorical and numerical representation
- Random sampling, sampling distribution, probability and hypothesis testing
- Algebraic rules and logic
- Calculus functions, including differential equations and vector calculus
- Kinematics and mechanics
- Counting and integrals
About the Exam
VCE exams are assessment exams administered to Victorian students when they complete secondary school studies. The paper-based VCE Specialist Mathematics exam is a two-part test: Examination 1 consists of 10 short- and extended-answer questions, while Examination 2 contains both multiple-choice and short and extended-answer questions. Section A of Examination 2 has 20 multiple-choice questions and Section B includes a variety of short and extended-answer questions. Exam 1 is worth 40 marks and Exam 2 counts for 80 marks. Students will have one hour to complete Exam 1 and two hours to complete Exam 2. Exam 1 counts for 22% of the total study score, while Exam 2 contributes 44% to the overall grade.
VCE Specialist Mathematics Exam Preparation & Registration
You will find this study guide to be a valuable reference you can use if you are preparing to take the VCE Specialist Mathematics exam. You can easily review information about geometric and algebraic sequences and series; measuring planes, angles and line segments; calculating statistical information; conducting probability testing; understanding logic in algebra; and relating principles of counting. You will cover various topics in graphing as well as vector functions, integrals, acceleration, velocity, mass, motion and force. Lessons offer both video and text formats and are accessible at all times, from any device, so you can study when it's most convenient for your schedule. You'll receive expert instruction and can easily reach out to instructors with any questions. Self-assessment quizzes help you determine if you have mastered the material in each lesson before moving on through the course.
There is no formal registration process needed to take the VCE Specialist Mathematics exam, as the VCE exams are administered by the school. The Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority determines the date of each exam every year.
The VCE Specialist Mathematics exam is administered by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Mathematics Education Graduate Programs
- What Can You Do With a PhD in Mathematics?
- Mathematical Physics Education Program Information
- Online Contract Specialist Course and Class Reviews
- Regulatory Affairs Specialist: Education, Training & Certification
- Hearing Aid Specialist: Education, Training & Certification
- Certified Credentialing Specialist: Education and Certification Info
- Health Education Specialist Degree and Certificate Programs
- Mathematics Degree Programs in NJ with Course Overviews
- Biomedical Mathematics Education and Training Program Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses