- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 87
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Evaluate Scientific Questions
Course SummaryView High School: Biology is available to all students who are enrolled in View High School, an accredited online, private high school that's fully accredited by AdvancedEd. Take this course to advance toward a VHS diploma, study independently, accelerate your learning, recover credits and more.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
In View High School: Biology, you'll learn fundamental biology concepts that are closely aligned with common core standards. The course's short lessons examine biological concepts that are typically taught throughout high school grade levels, including organic molecules, cellular respiration, DNA synthesis, cell divisions, natural selection and environmental protection.
The course comes with a customized syllabus that's provided by your very own View High School instructor. The syllabus outlines all of the course requirements that you'll need to fulfill, which may include chapter assignments, participation in forum discussions and final projects. The course requires you to complete each lesson and quiz, and if you have any questions about the material or the course requirements, simply reach out to your VHS instructor. Your instructor will also be monitoring your progress as you work through the course.
This View High School course will help fulfill all VHS student goals including:
- Earning a high school diploma
- Credit recovery
- Coursework to supplement other high school programs
- Accelerated learning
- Nontraditional students, like student athletes
- Independent study
- Scientific inquiry for the study of biology
- Life origins and organic molecules
- Forms and organization of living organisms
- Feedback systems and homeostasis
- The carbon cycle and cellular respiration
- Protein and DNA synthesis
- Genetic variation, sexual reproduction and cell division
- Speciation and natural selection
- Ecology and populations
- Biodiversity, environmental protection and extinction
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Get Your Accredited High School Diploma Online
- Accredited Online High Schools and High School Diploma Programs
- High School: Online Diploma
- Accredited Online Courses with School Options
- Accredited Online Schools: How to Find Accredited Institutions
- Are There Accredited Online Law Schools?
- Regionally Accredited Online Schools for Distance Learning
- Schools with Online Accredited Math Courses: How to Choose
- Schools with Accredited Online Engineering Courses: How to Choose
- A High School Diploma V. the GED
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses