- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 100
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Evaluate Scientific Questions
Course SummaryTake View High School: Chemistry to work toward a VHS diploma, recover high school credits, accelerate your learning, advance in homeschooling or study independently. The course is part of View High School, which is a private online high school that's accredited by AdvancEd.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
View High School: Chemistry is designed to teach you essential chemistry concepts through simple and expertly taught lessons. Aligned with common core standards, the course examines chemistry topics that are normally taught at the high-school level, including chemical bonds, intermolecular forces, kinetics, nuclear chemistry, chemical equilibrium and stoichiometry.
Your VHS instructor will send you a customized syllabus with all of the course requirements you'll need to fulfill. These may include specific chapter assignments, forum participation and final projects. All lessons and quizzes must be completed and passed in order to complete the course.
As you work through the course, feel free to reach out to your VHS instructor with any questions you may have about chemistry. Your instructor will also monitor your progress and help you along the way.
This View High School course will help fulfill all VHS student goals including:
- Earning a high school diploma
- Credit recovery
- Coursework to supplement other high school programs
- Accelerated learning
- Nontraditional students, like student athletes
- Independent study
- Scientific inquiry for the study of chemistry
- The periodic table
- Chemical bonds, reactions and equilibrium
- Intermolecular forces
- Liquids, gases and solids
- Stoichiometry and solutions
- Nuclear chemistry
- Materials science
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Get Your Accredited High School Diploma Online
- Accredited Online High Schools and High School Diploma Programs
- High School: Online Diploma
- What Online College Courses Can I Take Without a High School Diploma or GED?
- Online High School Diploma Programs: How Do They Work?
- High School Diploma Through the Mail
- A High School Diploma V. the GED
- How Can I Get a Career Without a High School Diploma?
- Online Jobs for High Schoolers
- Can You Take Online College Classes Without a High School Diploma?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses