- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 194
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Nurse Aide: Definition & Duties
Course SummaryRefresh your understanding of nursing topics ahead of the Virginia Pearson CNA exam with help from this fun practice course. All the subjects you'll be faced with on exam day are covered in our mobile-friendly video and text lessons, which are accessible to you 24 hours a day for convenient study.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Before you take the Virginia Pearson CNA exam, take a look at this engaging course, which is designed to help you prepare well and pass the exam. You can work at your own pace as you complete the video and text lessons provided in this course. Professional instructors have prepared these lessons to cover all the topics you'll find on the exam, while our multiple-choice lesson quizzes and chapter tests help you check your knowledge as you move along. If at any time you have any questions, feel free to reach out to one of our instructors for help. Once you complete this course, you should understand the following topics:
- The role of nurse aides
- The importance of nursing communication
- Patient rights
- Basic hygiene and safety for nurses
- Patient injuries and infections, plus asepsis and infection control
- Emergency care, procedures and situations
- Personal care and nutrition for nurses
- Skin integrity and circulation concerns for nurses
- Rest, elimination and sleep, plus fluid and electrolyte balance
- Mobility, assistive devices and physical impairments
- Psychosocial concerns in nursing
- Physical assessment techniques, pain and pain management
- Mental health and the aging process
- End of life care for nurses
About the Exam
The Virginia Pearson CNA test is for candidates looking to become certified as a nurse aide in Virginia. The exam is made up of two parts, and both parts must be passed in order to be certified as a nurse aide. For the written part of the exam, test takers may choose from either a written examination or an oral examination. The written portion of the exam consists of 70 multiple-choice questions written in English. Students who have difficulty reading English may take the oral examination, which is made up of 60 multiple-choice questions and 10 reading comprehension questions offered on an MP3 player. On the second part of the test, you must complete five randomly-selected nurse aid skills in 30 minutes. In order to pass this portion of the test, you must complete all five of the skills successfully.
Virginia Pearson CNA Exam Preparation & Registration
This study guide program has been designed by professional instructors so you can feel confident knowing you're getting the most accurate information delivered in the most effective way. You'll review topics that you'll need to know for the test, including mobility, emergency care and procedures, rest and sleep and physical assessment techniques. Each lesson is followed by a quiz that helps you test your understanding and identify any areas where you may need to do more study ahead of test day. Our printable lesson transcripts can be made into helpful offline study guides that allow you to quickly review key topics and words.
Applicants for the Virginia Pearson CNA exam must have completed a Virginia-approved nurse aid education program, but there are no time limits on when you must take the test. Once you are ready to sit for the exam, you must apply online, pay the application and testing fee and then make an online reservation at least 10 days prior to your test date. Students must arrive 30 minutes prior to the time of their scheduled exam and ready to provide two eligible pieces of identification. Those interested in taking this test are encouraged to visit the Virginia Pearson CNA website to apply, review this year's schedule and fees and ensure their identification forms are eligible.
Virginia Pearson CNA exam is a registered trademark of Pearson Vue, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- CNA Certification Test: A Detailed Look at the CNA Exam
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Video: Becoming a C.N.A.
- Nursing Refresher Courses and Classes Overview
- Nursing Programs in Virginia with Course Descriptions
- What to Wear on Exam Day & Other Tips on Successfully Passing the ACT & SAT
- Compass Exams
- Military-Friendly Colleges in Virginia
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses