- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 106
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Basic Laboratory Techniques
Course SummaryWe've designed this test prep guide to help you increase your understanding of concepts that appear on the Virginia Standards of Learning (SOL) Chemistry exam. Use the course's fun lessons and quizzes to study for the test at your own pace.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The chapters comprising this course cover basic and advanced concepts in chemistry. The material is designed to cover standards for elementary, middle and high school levels. The course addresses laws, formulas, safety practices and experiment processes. You can expect to have a better grasp of the following material once you have successfully reviewed the chapters in this course:
- Basic laboratory practices and safety guidelines
- Experimental research methodologies
- Substances and terms relevant to the field of chemistry
- Information represented by the periodic table
- Chemistry models and theories
- The application of chemical formulas and equations
- Calculations for gas volume, solutions and acid and base concentrations
- Gas laws and properties
- Organic chemistry and biochemistry applications
About the Exam
SOL exams are administered to K-12 students in the state of Virginia to assess their comprehension within certain content areas, such as science, math, English and social science. The chemistry exam is an end-of-course test and is entirely computer-based. To pass the exam, students must answer a minimum of 25 out of 50 questions correctly.
Virginia SOL Chemistry Exam Preparation & Registration
This test prep guide provides you with the reference you will need to gain a full understanding of chemistry topics covered on the chemistry exam. You will have the opportunity to reinforce what you know or learn new facts about lab safety equipment, components of scientific experiments, acids and bases, chemical elements and energy, atoms, formulas and equations, molarity and biochemistry. You can watch entire videos, use a timeline feature to access only parts of the video that cover topics you need to review or print and study lesson transcripts. Self-assessment quizzes measure your knowledge of this material and your readiness in taking the Virginia SOL Chemistry exam.
Students are registered for SOL exams by test coordinators through the online submission of a Student Data Upload File within PearsonAccess. There is no registration process completed by either a student or his/her parent. SOL exams are given to all public school students in Virginia.
Virginia Standards of Learning (SOL) are standardized testing exams administered by the Virginia Department of Education and are a product of Pearson Education, Inc., neither of which is affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Test Prep
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- How to Study for AP Tests
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- GED Books and Study Materials for Test Preparation
- Online Test Prep Options for the GED Test
- How to Help Your Child Through Test Anxiety
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- How You Can Use Memory Tricks to Study for Tests
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses