- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 123
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Weather vs. Climate: Definition, Differences & Effects
Course SummaryTake Weather and Climate Studies for Teachers to earn 3 college credits to apply toward your licensure renewal requirements. Learn with fun and engaging science video lessons that you can watch around your teaching schedule.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
12 chapters in Weather and Climate Studies for Teachers: Professional Development
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How It Works
Earn professional development credits to renew your science teaching license with Weather and Climate Studies for Teachers. Brush up on weather and climate topics so you can better teach meteorology, geology, and other Earth sciences. Learn on your own schedule and at your own pace. You can complete this course in under two weeks - perfect for teachers who need to earn science credits in a hurry!
- Watch engaging video lessons about weather forecasting and climate.
- Check your knowledge of things like precipitation and air movement with practice quizzes and exams.
- Ask clarification questions from our expert science instructors.
- Earn three college credits by taking the UExcel Weather and Climate Studies exam.
Always check with your school district or state department of education to ensure that the course credits will be accepted before beginning the course. UExcel credits are accepted by over 1,000 schools and directly by many state departments of education.
Who's It For?
Weather and Climate Studies for Teachers is ideal for any teachers looking to earn credits to use toward licensure renewal. The flexible, self-paced format makes it easy to fit your studies into a busy schedule. The course is fully online, so you can study anytime, anywhere. This course also benefits:
- Science teachers who want to brush up on weather and climate studies
- Teachers who want to incorporate engaging weather and climate studies videos into their instruction
- Teachers planning a weather and climate studies unit or course
- Aspiring science teachers
Why It Works
- Fun and Engaging: Animations and interesting examples make weather and climate studies easy to learn.
- Expert Instructors: Expert science instructors break difficult concepts down so they are easy to remember.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Quizzes and practice exams let you review weather and climate studies terminology and key concepts and track what you've mastered.
- Quick and Flexible: Learn on your own schedule and on any device. You could earn science credits in less than two weeks.
- Access our full library of professional development courses for teachers, including Earth Science for Teachers, Human and Cultural Geography for Teachers, and Physical Geology for Teachers.
- Find 10,000 engaging lessons that you can use in your classroom or assign out to students.
- Watch more lessons in weather and climate studies as well as biology, geology, physics, and other science topics.
- Earn transferable college credit for dozens of courses.
Evaluate This Course
After you've worked through all or part of the course, please share your feedback with us! We take the quality of our lessons and courses very seriously and appreciate any comments on how we can improve your experience. If you'd like to let us know how effective you found this course, please fill out our survey by clicking on this link.
Course Plan for Earning Credit in Less Than Two Weeks
Follow this course plan if you want to complete Weather and Climate Studies for Teachers and be ready to earn transferable credit in less than two weeks. For each chapter assignment, take all of the lesson quizzes and the practice chapter exam at the end of each chapter. If you miss any questions, review the video lesson to master the concept.
|Day||Chapter||What You'll Learn|
|Day 1||Chapter 1|
|Introduction to Weather and Climate (difference between weather and climate, structure and components of the atmosphere)|
Climate (classifications, global warming, the general circulation model)
|Day 2||Chapter 3||Solar Radiation (energy, electromagnetic waves, the solar constant and variations, the enhanced greenhouse effect)|
|Day 3||Chapter 4||Temperature (influences on the Earth's temperature, thermodynamic diagrams, temperature patterns by seasons)|
|Day 4||Chapter 5||Atmospheric Pressure and Wind (circulation of the atmosphere, Dalton's Law of Partial Pressure, geostrophic wind, cyclones and anticyclones)|
|Day 5||Chapter 6||Atmospheric Moisture (the water cycle, the saturation process, laws of thermodynamics, cloud droplets)|
|Day 6||Chapter 7|
|Clouds (how clouds form, types of clouds, inversions)|
Precipitation (types of precipitation, measuring precipitation, cloud seeding)
|Day 7||Chapter 9||Air Distribution and Movement (atmospheric circulation, Rossby Waves, types of winds, monsoons, weather fronts)|
|Day 8||Chapter 10||Oceans and Air Movement (distribution of water, continental margins, ocean basins, waves)|
|Day 9||Chapter 11||Weather Disturbances (cyclones, lightning, tornadoes, hurricanes, forecasting hurricanes)|
|Day 10||Chapter 12|
|Weather Forecasting and Analysis (forecasting methods, verifying forecasts, weather maps)|
Human Effects on the Weather and Climate (air pollution, the ozone layer, urban heat island effects)
|Day 11||Final Exam||Take the practice final exam to see what you've mastered and make sure you are ready to earn credit for weather and climate studies|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- North Dakota Teacher Licensure Renewal
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Teacher Certification Video: Earning a Teaching Certification or Teaching Credential
- Ohio Teaching License Renewal Requirements
- Louisiana Teaching Certificate Renewal Requirements
- Minnesota Teaching License Renewal Requirements
- Nebraska Teacher Certificate Renewal Requirements
- Kansas Teacher Certification Renewal Requirements
- Iowa Teacher License Renewal Requirements
- Colorado Teacher Certification Renewal Requirements
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses