- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 95
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Build and Reduce Fractions
This course can be found in: WEST Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ WEST study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryWhen it comes to preparing for the Washington Educator Skills Tests-Basic (WEST-B) Mathematics subtest of the WEST-B Reading, Writing, Mathematics exam, you can count on this extensive study guide. You'll study fractions, basic geometry concepts and problem solving strategies.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related WEST Courses
About This Course
From algebra to statistics, this extensive study guide is designed to cover all of the material you need to know for the WEST-B Mathematics subtest. You will review basic math operations, fractions and mixed numbers, percents and decimals, measurements and basic geometry concepts and properties. Other lessons address algebraic expressions, probability and statistics, linear equations and properties of equality. Track your progress as you move through this course on your handy Dashboard, and take short self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams to ensure your full understanding of this material. Use a brief online contact form to reach out to experts with any lesson-specific questions.
This course was last updated in 2020.
Check out our WEST test prep materials! We've got WEST courses to teach you the material, comprehensive WEST study guides to help you study, WEST practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational WEST resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
You will find every topic addressed on the WEST-B Mathematics subtest covered in this comprehensive study guide. Lessons discuss fractions, ratios, units of measurement, algebraic properties and so much more. Once you complete this guide, you should be able to:
- Understand how to change between fractions and decimals
- Explain units of measurement
- Describe properties of geometric figures and graph geometric functions
- Find area, perimeter, circumference, volume and surface area
- Discuss probability and statistics
- Provide details about algebraic expressions
- Define a linear equation and properties of equality
- Apply logical problem solving in mathematics
This course is made up of 11 individual chapters broken down into 94 video and text lessons. All lessons are accessible 24/7 from any device, making it possible to create a flexible and convenient study schedule.
WEST-B Mathematics Exam Information
The WEST-B Reading, Writing, Mathematics exam must be taken and passed by all individuals seeking to enter a state-approved educator prep program in the state of Washington. The info below reflects only the Mathematics subtest of this three-part exam.
- Number of Questions: 60 questions
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Exam Cost: $75
WEST-B Mathematics Exam Preparation & Registration
Every topic you'll encounter on the mathematics subtest of the WEST-B Reading, Writing, Mathematics exam is discussed in this detailed study guide. You will access lessons focusing on reducing fractions, solving decimal and percents problems, units and conversions of measurement, and properties of triangles and other geometric shapes. You will also learn how to read and interpret charts, graphs and tables, use linear equations to solve problems, explain different types of data, and use reasoning and critical thinking to solve mathematical problems.
Register for this subtest or the entire exam by creating on account on the WEST website and submitting all necessary information and payment of exam fees. Once your registration is complete, you can click on 'Schedule' on this website to arrange your test site and date.
The Washington Educator Skills Tests (WEST) are a registered trademark of Pearson Education, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- What Is Some Advice for Someone Who Wants to Study Mathematics?
- How to Study for AP Tests
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Student Diplomats: Collaborative Studies on the West Bank
- Top Schools for Basic Skills
- Reading & Writing Tests
- Top Strategies for Studying for Final Exams: Straight From Students
- WEST Test Preparation & Resources
- Career Information for an Education in Basic Skills
- While Completing a Degree for Computer Science, Is IT Worth IT to Study for Another Degree in Mathematics and Statistics Online?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses