- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 163
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Interpersonal Relationships: Types & Functions
This course can be found in: WEST Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ WEST study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryPrepare for the Washington Educator Skills Tests-Endorsement (WEST-E) Family and Consumer Sciences Education exam using the lessons contained in this comprehensive study guide. This course is designed to help you achieve a passing score on this teacher certification exam. This Study.com course was last updated in 2018.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
25 chapters in WEST-E Family & Consumer Sciences Education (041): Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related WEST Courses
About This Course
This study guide is a detailed and easily accessible resource you can use to become fully prepared to take the WEST-E Family and Consumer Sciences Education exam. It offers lessons focusing on human development and relationships, parenting, nutrition, wellness and consumerism. The lessons are available at all times, from any device, so you can create a flexible study schedule that's convenient for you. If you have any questions about the material, it's easy to reach out to experts using a brief online contact form. And lesson quizzes and chapter exams allow you to determine which topics you've mastered and which, if any, you need to review further.
Check out our WEST test prep materials! We've got WEST courses to teach you the material, comprehensive WEST study guides to help you study, WEST practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational WEST resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
The WEST-E Family and Consumer Sciences Education study guide covers all of the material you can expect to encounter when you take this exam. You'll review family systems, developmental stages, deciding to have children, food safety and preparation, consumer resources and basic career skills. After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of human relationships
- Discuss family changes, roles and transitions
- Highlight stages of development from infancy to adulthood
- List influences on human growth and development
- Describe parenting styles and starting the parenting process
- Detail facts about nutrients, diet and food preparation
- Understand the impact of lifestyle choices on health and wellness
- Provide details about the consumer decision-making process and outline consumer rights
- List types and explain the importance of health and life insurance policies
- Name careers in family and consumer sciences and list basic career skills
This course is made up of 24 individual chapters broken down into 158 video and text lessons. Gain access to lessons 24/7 from your laptop, phone, tablet or any other device, and even print out lesson transcripts to create quick-reference tools.
WEST-E Family and Consumer Sciences Education Exam Information
The state of Washington requires that any licensed educator seeking an endorsement in Family and Consumer Sciences Education must take and pass this certification exam.
- Number of Questions: 110 questions
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 2 hours and 15 minutes
- Exam Cost: $155
WEST-E Family and Consumer Sciences Education Exam Breakdown
|WEST-E Family and Consumer Sciences Education Concept||Percent of WEST-E Family and Consumer Sciences Education Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Interpersonal and Family Relationships||22%||24 questions||22|
|Human Development and Parenting||22%||24 questions||65|
|Nutrition and Wellness||21%||23 questions||37|
|Resource Management||21%||23 questions||22|
|Family and Consumer Sciences Programs and Careers||14%||15 questions||12|
WEST-E Family and Consumer Sciences Education Preparation & Registration
You won't find a more extensive preparatory guide that's as easily accessible and fully aligned to the exam's contents as this resource. Short but detailed lessons cover family communication and conflict, the formation of relationships, how humans develop throughout their lives and family planning processes. You'll also study nutritional needs, wellness lifestyles, consumer behavior and career planning.
Registration for the WEST-E Family and Consumer Sciences Education is easy: just go to the WEST website and create an account to access registration information. Once you submit your registration and payment of exam fees online, you can then click on the 'Schedule' link to schedule your test date, time and location.
The Washington Educator Skills Tests (WEST) are a registered trademark of Pearson Education, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Which Skills Do Teacher Certification Exams Emphasize?
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- Family Studies Certification Programs with Course Overviews
- Online Family and Consumer Science Courses and Classes
- Top College in Washington, DC, for Teacher Education Courses
- How to Become a Teacher in Connecticut: Certification Exam & Requirements
- How Hard Is the Florida Teacher Certification Exam?
- How Hard Is the Texas Teacher Certification Exam?
- Distance Education Courses That Can Help Teachers Relocate Easily
- How Can I Use Study.com Courses to Homeschool?
- Top Ranked School for a Degree in Electronics Technology and Electrical Engineering - Omaha NE
- Online Graduate Degrees in Organizational Leadership
- Psychology Degree Top Ranked Psychology Program - Santa Ana CA
- Networking Degree Top College for Learning Networking and Telecommunications Technology - Tulsa OK
- Pharmaceutical Administration Major
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses