- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 262
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Number Systems and The Base-Ten System
This course can be found in: WEST Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ WEST study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThe National Evaluation Series (NES) Elementary Education Subtest II has replaced the Washington Educator Skills Test (WEST) Elementary Education Subtest II. Use this convenient test preparation course to review all of the concepts you'll need to know for the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
30 chapters in WEST Elementary Education Subtest II (103): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related WEST Courses
About This Course
The lessons that comprise this course cover definitions, theories and formulas relevant to the math and science concepts that you will need to know if you are an aspiring elementary school teacher in Washington. We've aligned the course with the content of the NES Elementary Education Subtest II, so you can be sure you're only studying they information you need to know. Work through the course's bite-sized video lessons at your own pace to review essential elementary education concepts. Included in the course are lesson quizzes, chapter exams and practice tests that can help you reinforce your understanding of the information you study. The course is also accessible 24/7, which helps you prepare for this NES exam any time that's convenient.
Check out our WEST test prep materials! We've got WEST courses to teach you the material, comprehensive WEST study guides to help you study, WEST practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational WEST resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
Course resources address topics you can expect to be tested on when taking the NES Elementary Education Subtest II, such as fundamental concepts in math, science, physical fitness and the arts. When you are finished working through the course, you should be able to:
- Perform basic mathematical operations
- Differentiate between prime and composite numbers
- Work with fractions, decimals, ratios, percents and exponents
- Solve math word problems
- Interpret and calculate statistical data
- Measure area, perimeter, volume and geometric shapes
- Recognize the components of the solar system and the universe
- Perform music, drama, acting and artistic expressions
- Teach children about health and fitness
This course has 234 lessons that are broken into 29 topical chapters. You can work though the course at your own pace, and be sure to take the short quizzes that follow each lesson to reinforce your understanding of the material.
NES Elementary Education Subtest II (103) Exam Information
The NES Elementary Education Subtest II exam is a required test for those who are seeking an elementary education endorsement in the state of Washington.
- Number of Questions: 75
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 1 hour and 45 minutes
- Exam Cost: $50
NES Elementary Education Subtest II (103) Exam Breakdown
|NES Elementary Education Subtest II Exam Concept||Percent of the NES Elementary Education Subtest II Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Lessons|
|The arts, health and fitness||12%||9||26|
NES Elementary Education Subtest II Exam Preparation & Registration
The chapters within this comprehensive study guide provide a detailed overview of material that you could be tested on when taking the NES Elementary Education Subtest II exam. Lesson topics include types of numbers, mathematical operations, ratios and proportions, algebraic formulas and properties of geometric shapes. You'll also review scientific concepts such as light, sound, magnetic force, electricity, matter, weather and climate, genetics and zoological sciences. Health and arts topics include drama, painting, artistic expression, musical concepts, child nutrition, exercise programs and motor skills development. Each lesson is generally short and accompanied by a self-assessment quiz to help you determine the depth of your knowledge for each topic. Lessons can be printed and used as reference tools as you continue your studies.
Registering for this or any other WEST exam requires that you create an account on the WEST website. Once you have established an account, you can choose which tests to take as well as a time and location that best suits your needs. You can also pay any necessary registration fees online. If you have a previous account through the NES website, you can use this account to register for the WEST Elementary Education Subtest II exam.
Washington Educator Skills Tests (WEST) and National Evaluation Series (NES) are registered trademarks of Pearson Education, Inc., or its affiliate(s), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Buzzwords in Elementary Education
- What Can You Do With a Master's in Elementary Education?
- NES Test Preparation & Resources
- WEST Test Preparation & Resources
- Elementary Education License in Minnesota
- Idaho Elementary Education Certification
- How Do You Get a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education?
- Online Masters Degree in Elementary Education with Course Info
- Top Universities with Elementary Education Programs
- Elementary Education Degree Program Information
- Student Finance Guide: All About Stock Buybacks
- Youngstown State University in Ohio
- Healthcare Administration Degree Top School for a Career in Health Services Administration - Richmond VA
- HR Management Degrees Top Ranked Human Resource Management Programs - Tucson AZ
- Masters Degree in Sport-exercise
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses