- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 118
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Phonology: Definition, Rules & Examples
Course SummaryThe Wisconsin Foundations of Reading exam is used to assess future teachers' knowledge of basic reading instruction before they become certified teachers in Wisconsin. Use the course's short lessons and practice quizzes to review and master all the concepts you'll need to know for the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
12 chapters in Foundations of Reading Test - NES for Wisconsin: Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Don't struggle to prepare for the Foundations of Reading Test - NES for Wisconsin exam when you have help from this test prep course. You'll be able to study subjects including phonemic awareness, word analysis and literacy theory on any smartphone, tablet or computer at your convenience. If any questions come up along the way, submit them through the Dashboard for one of our instructors to answer.
This course was last updated in 2019.
Check out our NES test prep materials! We've got NES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive NES study guides to help you study, NES practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational NES resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course is a comprehensive review of the material you may see when you take the Wisconsin Foundations of Reading exam. In it, our expert instructors will help you improve your understanding of the processes of learning how to read as well as the different factors and teaching practices that can affect students' development of reading skills. Complete the lessons and assessments of this course to help you achieve the following:
- Discuss phonology, phonemic awareness and phonological development
- Outline the processes of learning how to read with phonics and the concept of the alphabet
- Identify different components of words and how to use them in word analysis
- Define the factors that affect the learning of vocabulary and different vocabulary learning strategies
- Describe different strategies for improving reading skills and understanding literary and expository texts
- Explain methods used to assess the reading development of students
- Understand the types, characteristics and uses for different literacy theories
- Outline strategies, activities, tools and approaches for reading instruction
This self-paced course consists of 98 lessons in 10 chapter that clearly outline the concepts you'll need to know to do well on the test. Be sure you're ready by answering the multiple-choice questions on the self-assessment quizzes and chapter tests.
Foundations of Reading Test - NES for Wisconsin Exam Information
The Wisconsin Foundations of Reading exam is used in Wisconsin to ensure future teachers of all levels possess basic reading skills and understand reading instruction.
- Number of Questions: 102
- Question Type: 100 multiple-choice questions, 2 written assignments
- Time Limit: 4 hours
- Exam Cost: $139
Foundations of Reading Test - NES for Wisconsin Exam Breakdown
|Foundations of Reading Test - NES for Wisconsin Exam Concept||Percent of the Foundations of Reading Test - NES for Wisconsin Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Foundations of Reading Development||35%||35 questions||30|
|Development of Reading Comprehension||27%||27 questions||39|
|Reading Assessment & Instruction||18%||18 questions||29|
|Integration of Knowledge & Understanding||20%||2 questions||98|
Preparing & Registering for the Wisconsin Foundation of Reading
This course has been assembled to help you prepare for the Wisconsin Foundations of Reading exam through its use of short lessons, written lesson overviews, quizzes and chapter exams. Study the lessons to review and reinforce your understanding of the material presented in them, then take the lesson quizzes to determine what topics you don't understand. In the video lessons, use the links provided to review these topics. At the end of each chapter, you can test your overall understanding of the material by completing the practice chapter exams.
When you go to the Wisconsin Foundations for Reading NES website to register for the exam, you will be able to set up a testing appointment at a number of testing locations nationwide. The test is offered year-round. If you need to reschedule or change the location of a testing appointment, you may as long as you do so at least 24 hours before your scheduled time. If you need to retake the exam, you will need to wait at least 30 days after your previous attempt.
Wisconsin Foundations of Reading is a registered trademark of Pearson Education Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Become a Gym Teacher in Wisconsin
- How to Become a Spanish Teacher in Wisconsin
- How to Become a Substitute Teacher in Wisconsin
- How to Become a Teacher's Aide Teacher in Wisconsin
- How to Become a Preschool or Kindergarten Teacher in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Alternative Teacher Certification
- Master Reading Teacher Certification in Texas
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- Wisconsin Teacher Certification: Licensing & Requirements
- How to Become a Reading Teacher in Massachusetts
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses