- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 19
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Sexual Harassment and the Hostile Work Environment
Course SummaryThis course uses short, engaging video lessons to help employees identify, report and prevent harassment in the workplace. Your company's employees will learn how to adhere to workplace harassment policies and what they can do to contribute to a safe and productive working environment.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The course is broken down into sections, each containing a series of video lessons that average about five minutes apiece. With this course, employees will learn the legal definition and consequences of sexual and other types of sexual harassment as well as appropriate workplace behavior, reporting policies and prevention measures for harassment.
How It Works
Lessons can be watched one at a time or sequentially and can be viewed from desktop computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones. Employees can enjoy the flexibility of completing their harassment training in the office, at home or on the go.
Using the course is easy:
- Engaging video lessons clearly illustrate harassing behaviors
- Lesson quizzes allow employees to check their understanding of harassment issues
- Comprehension of each chapter's key concepts is verified with chapter exams
- Understanding of key course concepts is verified with a final exam
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: In order to maintain a safe and productive working environment, employees need to be aware of laws and policies regarding sexual harassment.
- Educates employees: This course teaches how to identify harassment types and behaviors, appropriate versus inappropriate coworker relationships, and how to prevent harassment from occurring as an employee.
- Reduces liability: If harassing behaviors are permitted or overlooked, employee morale and productivity can suffer, and your company may even be held liable if sexual harassment issues are not handled appropriately.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Sexual Harassment in the Workplace||Find out what constitutes sexual harassment, who can be a harasser in terms of the law, and the emotional effects of sexual harassment in the workplace.|
|Types of Workplace Harassment||Distinguish between hostile environment harassment, quid pro quo harassment, sexual favoritism and other types of harassment.|
|Personal Relationships in the Workplace||Find out about the risks of coworker relationships and how to distinguish between flirting and harassment.|
|Harassment Policies & Procedures for Employees||Understand the specific procedural steps an employee needs to follow after a sexual harassment complaint and learn the best practices to prevent harassment from an employee's perspective.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Employee Productivity Boosting Techniques You Should Start Using in Your Workplace
- 5 Techniques That Can Help You Improve Your Employees' Ability to Learn
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Sexual Harassment Training Programs and Courses
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Flashcards - Sexual Harassment & Violence
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses