- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 26
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Sexual Harassment and the Hostile Work Environment
Course SummaryThrough the use of short, engaging video lessons geared specifically toward supervisors, this course explains what constitutes appropriate and inappropriate behavior in the workplace. Your company's supervisors will learn how to adhere to workplace harassment policies and see what they can do to maintain a safe and productive working environment.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The course is divided into several chapters that include short, entertaining video lessons that you can use to teach the managers and supervisors in your company about harassment in the workplace. By watching these videos, your employees can learn about the types of workplace harassment, how vicarious liability affects them as supervisors, and harassment policies and procedures for supervisors.
How It Works
You can have your employees watch these videos during a corporate training seminar, or they can watch the lessons on their own, either from a computer, tablet or smartphone. You can also use the corresponding quizzes to assess their understanding of the types of workplace harassment.
Using the course is easy:
- Short video lessons clearly illustrate different types of harassing behaviors
- Lesson quizzes allow you to to check their understanding of harassment issues
- Comprehension of each chapter's key concepts is verified with chapter exams
- Understanding of key course concepts is verified with a final exam
How It Helps
- Educates managers: Managers learn how to identify harassment as well as how to protect themselves and their reports against harassment.
- Builds awareness: In order to provide a safe and productive working environment, employees need to be aware of laws and policies regarding sexual harassment and understand how laws regarding sexual harassment affect them as supervisors.
- Reduces liability: If harassing behaviors are permitted or overlooked, employee morale and productivity can suffer, and managers and the company may even be held liable if sexual harassment issues are not handled appropriately.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Sexual Harassment in the Workplace||Find out what constitutes sexual harassment, who can be a harasser in terms of the law, and the emotional effects of sexual harassment in the workplace.|
|Types of Workplace Harassment||Distinguish between hostile environment harassment, quid pro quo harassment, sexual favoritism and other types of harassment.|
|Personal Relationships in the Workplace||Find out about the risks of coworker relationships and how to distinguish between flirting and harassment.|
|Harassment Policies & Procedures for Supervisors||Understand the procedures for handling harassment complaints, the importance of privacy when handling complaints and how to prevent harassment from occurring.|
|Vicarious Liability & Sexual Harassment||Define the elements of sexual harassment that lead to tangible employment action.|
|Risk Management for Sexual Harassment||Outline the essential elements of the EEOC's sexual harassment policies and learn how these policies affect supervisors and their reports.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Safety Supervisor Courses and Classes
- Educational Supervisor Courses and Classes Overview
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- School Supervisor Degree Programs with Course Descriptions
- Coordinator Vs Supervisor
- How to Become a Floral Department Supervisor
- How to Become a Forest Nursery Supervisor
- How to Become a Customer Service Supervisor
- Responsibilities of a Nurse Supervisor
- How to Become a Front Desk Supervisor
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses