- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 73
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Nature of Modern Wars & Conflicts
Course SummaryTake World Conflicts Since 1900 for Teachers to earn 3 college credits to apply toward your licensure renewal requirements. Learn with fun and engaging history video lessons that you can watch around your teaching schedule.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
8 chapters in World Conflicts Since 1900 for Teachers: Professional Development
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How It Works
Earn professional development credits to renew your history teaching license with World Conflicts Since 1900 for Teachers. Brush up on post-1900 world conflict topics so you can better teach world history, political science, and other history topics. Learn on your own schedule and at your own pace. You can complete this course in under two weeks - perfect for teachers who need to earn history credits in a hurry!
- Watch engaging video lessons about world conflicts and major wars.
- Check your knowledge of things like World War II and the Cold War with practice quizzes and exams.
- Ask clarification questions from our expert history instructors.
- Earn 3 college credits by taking the UExcel World Conflicts Since 1900 exam.
Always check with your school district or state Department of Education to ensure that the course credits will be accepted before beginning the course. UExcel credits are accepted by over 2,000 schools and directly by many state departments of education.
Who's It For?
World Conflicts Since 1900 for Teachers is ideal for any teachers looking to earn credits to use toward licensure renewal. The flexible, self-paced format makes it easy to fit your studies into a busy schedule. The course is fully online, so you can study anytime, anywhere. This course also benefits:
- History and political science teachers who want to brush up on world conflicts since 1900
- Teachers who want to incorporate engaging post-1900 world conflict videos into their instruction
- Teachers planning a post-1900 world conflicts unit or course
- Aspiring history teachers
Why It Works
- Fun and Engaging: Animations and interesting examples make post-1900 world conflicts easy to learn.
- Expert Instructors: Expert history instructors break difficult concepts down so they are easy to remember.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Quizzes and practice exams let you review post-1900 world conflicts terminology and key concepts and track what you've mastered.
- Quick and Flexible: Learn on your own schedule and on any device. You could earn history credits in less than two weeks.
- Access our full library of professional development courses for teachers, including Western Europe Since 1945 for Teachers, Western Civilization from 1648 for Teachers, and U.S. History to Reconstruction for Teachers.
- Find 10,000 engaging lessons that you can use in your classroom or assign out to students.
- Watch more lessons in world conflicts since 1900 as well as U.S. history, European history, Western civilization, and other history topics.
- Earn transferable college credit for dozens of courses.
Evaluate This Course
After you've worked through all or part of the course, please share your feedback with us! We take the quality of our lessons and courses very seriously and appreciate any comments on how we can improve your experience. If you'd like to let us know how effective you found this course, please fill out our survey by clinking on this link.
Course Plan for Earning Credit in Less Than Two Weeks
Follow this course plan if you want to complete World Conflicts Since 1900 for Teachers and be ready to earn transferable credit in less than two weeks. For each chapter assignment, take all of the lesson quizzes and the practice chapter exam at the end of each chapter. If you miss any questions, review the video lesson to master the concept.
|Day||Assignment||What You'll Learn|
|Day 1||Chapter 1||Understanding World Conflicts (the nature of modern wars and conflicts, balance of power, the United Nations)|
|Day 2||Chapter 2||The First World War (1914-1918) (the Franco-Prussian War, causes of World War I, famous battles of World War I, the Russian Revolution)|
|Day 3||Chapter 3||The Second World War (1939-1945) (the rise of Hitler and National Socialism, causes of World War II, the attack on Pearl Harbor, the Holocaust, D-Day)|
|Day 4||Chapter 4||The Cold War (1945-1991) (causes of the Cold War, NATO, the nuclear arms race, the Korean War, the Vietnam War)|
|Day 5||Chapter 5||The Arab-Israeli Wars (1948-present) (anti-Semitism, Zionism, the Suez crisis, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict)|
|Day 6||Chapter 6||The Indo-Pakistani Conflict (1947-present) (Muslim and Hindu conflict in India, causes of the Indo-Pakistani Wars, the Indo-Pakistani nuclear arms race)|
|Day 7||Chapter 7||The Yugoslav (Balkan) Wars (1991-1999) (the Ten-Day War, the Bosnian War, the Kosovo War, ethnic cleansing in the Yugoslav Wars)|
|Day 8||Chapter 8||Conflict in the Middle East and the War on Terror (1980-present) (the Iran-Iraq War, role of religion in modern Middle Eastern conflicts, September 11th, the Iraq War)|
|Day 9||Final Exam||Take the practice final exam to see what you've mastered and make sure you are ready to earn credit for world conflicts since 1900|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- North Dakota Teacher Licensure Renewal
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Teacher Certification Video: Earning a Teaching Certification or Teaching Credential
- Ohio Teaching License Renewal Requirements
- Louisiana Teaching Certificate Renewal Requirements
- Minnesota Teaching License Renewal Requirements
- Nebraska Teacher Certificate Renewal Requirements
- Kansas Teacher Certification Renewal Requirements
- Colorado Teacher Certification Renewal Requirements
- Iowa Teacher License Renewal Requirements
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses