- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 66
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Age of Exploration: Lesson for Kids
Course SummaryThis world history course helps elementary school students study world history topics, such as explorers and famous historical figures. These entertaining video lessons help young students learn to discuss and answer questions about important historical people and events to help them prepare for an exam or complete a class project.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course goes over world history topics that are commonly taught in most elementary school history classes. These topics include famous world explorers, important European historical figures and more. Students will enjoy these lessons, which are designed to be straightforward, fun and easy-to-follow. Lessons include key terms set off in bold print, which makes identifying key figures and events easier. Each lesson comes with a short practice quiz that assesses your students' understanding of the material.
How It Works
- Students who want a more comprehensive and thorough learning experience can take the course in sequence, while students who need to study specific world history subjects can quickly find the topics they need to focus on.
- Key vocab words are included for each lesson, which students can review later.
- Students are encouraged to take the interactive quizzes to make sure they fully understand important world history definitions, events, people and dates.
- If particular topics are unclear, students can revisit any lesson as many times as they need to.
- After completing a lesson, students can quickly move to the next one, which is clearly displayed for easy navigation.
Using the Course
This accessible learning resource can help teachers and parents help their students fully understand and appreciate world history concepts. With flexibility in mind, the course can be accessed at any time that's convenient for parents, students and teachers. Students can stay focused and learn in a safe environment because our course does not link to any outside websites.
Parents and teachers will find that these world history lessons can help students in several ways:
- To help students with their homework
- To help students prepare for history exams and class projects
- To engage students in class discussions about the lesson topics
- To add excitement to the learning experience in a way that traditional textbooks can't
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- How Students Can Really Help in a World Crisis
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- Online Courses in World History
- LearningCounts.org Helps Students Save Time and Money
- Vocational Classes Help Students Perform in Academic Subjects
- Are You Doing Enough to Prepare Your Students for the Real World?
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- List of Free Online World History Courses and Classes
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses