- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 191
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Scientific Revolution Lesson Plan
Course SummaryUse this course to improve your world history classes and create lesson plans that will help increase your students ability to grasp historical concepts. Our engaging, informative lessons include effective lesson plans that you can adapt for your own instruction, as well as ideas for class activities and discussion questions.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Our course will go through the essential topics of world history from the 1600s and provide you with effective and engaging video lessons which you can use in the classroom. With a lesson plan made specifically for teachers we'll show you proven techniques for teaching your students all about world history from the 1600s.
How It Works
You can use this course to develop lesson plans regarding numerous specific aspects of world history from 1600 to the present. Through a series of short, engaging videos and intriguing text lessons, the resources provided in this course will help you come up with various lesson plans to help you present this historical information to your students in an interesting way!
This course provides:
- Brief, animated lessons about the Enlightenment, World War I, and other historical topics to help you present the information to your students
- Specific lesson plans about the Russian Revolution, World War II, and even Modern African history to use in your classroom
- Timeline links so you can easily skip around in the video lessons to go to the most relevant information
- Lesson plans presented by expert instructors so you know these resources are reliable
How It Helps
- Detailed strategies: We'll break down strategies that you can use to introduce your students to world history topics.
- Facilitate discussion: Each chapter will give you suggestions on ways you can foster classroom discussion.
- Improves student understanding: Thanks to our proven methods for approaching world history, you'll see a marked improvement of your student's understanding of the topic.
|Chapter Title||Objectives & Lesson Plans|
|Enlightenment & Scientific Revolution Lesson Plans||Enlightenment|
Age of Absolutism
|Political Revolutions Lesson Plans||Glorious Revolution|
|Imperialism & Industrialization Lesson Plans||Industrial Revolution|
Congress of Vienna
|World War I Lesson Plans||Causes and effects of World War I|
Treaty of Versailles
|Russian Revolution & Communist Era Lesson Plans||Russian Revolution|
|World War II Lesson Plans||World War II|
|Modern African History Lesson Plans||Apartheid|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Lesson Plan Design Courses and Classes Overview
- Drawing Lessons and Instruction: Overview of Classes and Coursework
- Online Sign Language Lessons, Classes and Courses
- Online Typing Class, Lesson and Course Overviews
- List of Free Online Graphic Arts Classes, Courses and Lessons
- List of Free Online Acting Courses, Classes, Lessons and Workshops
- Free Online Cinematography Classes, Lessons & Course Materials
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Party Planning Courses and Classes Overview
- Transportation Planning Courses and Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses