- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 91
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Religion? - Definition & Role in Society
Course SummaryRefresh your teaching style by taking our World Religions for Teachers: Professional Development course. In just a few weeks, watch our video lessons and take the self-assessment quizzes to complete the course and earn professional development credits.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How It Works
Earn professional development credits to renew your religion teaching license with World Religions for Teachers. Brush up on world religions topics so you can better teach history, anthropology, and other topics involving religion. Learn on your own schedule and at your own pace. You can complete this course in under two weeks - perfect for teachers who need to earn religion credits in a hurry!
- Watch engaging video lessons about bygone and current religions.
- Check your knowledge of things like Hinduism and Judaism with practice quizzes and exams.
- Ask clarification questions from our expert religion instructors.
- Earn 3 college credits by taking the UExcel World Religions exam.
Always check with your school district or state Department of Education to ensure that the course credits will be accepted before beginning the course. UExcel credits are accepted by over 2,000 schools and directly by many state departments of education.
Who's It For?
World Religions for Teachers is ideal for any teachers looking to earn credits to use toward licensure renewal. The flexible, self-paced format makes it easy to fit your studies into a busy schedule. The course is fully online, so you can study anytime, anywhere. This course also benefits:
- History and anthropology teachers who want to brush up on world religions
- Teachers who want to incorporate engaging world religions videos into their instruction
- Teachers planning a world religions unit or course
- Aspiring religion teachers
Why It Works
- Fun and Engaging: Animations and interesting examples make world religions easy to learn.
- Expert Instructors: Expert religion instructors break difficult concepts down so they are easy to remember.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Quizzes and practice exams let you review world religions terminology and key concepts and track what you've mastered.
- Quick and Flexible: Learn on your own schedule and on any device. You could earn religion credits in less than two weeks.
- Access our full library of professional development courses for teachers, including Western Civilization to 1648 for Teachers, Sociology for Teachers, and World Conflicts Since 1900 for Teachers.
- Find 10,000 engaging lessons that you can use in your classroom or assign out to students.
- Watch more lessons in world religions as well as anthropology, history, geography, and other related topics.
- Earn transferable college credit for dozens of courses.
Evaluate This Course
After you've worked through all or part of the course, please share your feedback with us! We take the quality of our lessons and courses very seriously and appreciate any comments on how we can improve your experience. If you'd like to let us know how effective you found this course, please fill out our survey by clicking on this link.
Course Plan for Earning Credit in Less Than Two Weeks
Follow this course plan if you want to complete World Religions for Teachers and be ready to earn transferable credit in less than two weeks. For each chapter assignment, take all of the lesson quizzes and the practice chapter exam at the end of each chapter. If you miss any questions, review the video lesson to master the concept.
|Day||Assignment||What You'll Learn|
|Day 1||Chapter 1||Bygone Religions (theories on the origins of religion, mystery cults, Greek myth and religion, Roman myth and religion)|
|Day 2||Chapter 2||World Religion: Hinduism (the origins of Hinduism, the Vedas, Hindu deities, Hindu castes)|
|Day 3||Chapter 3||World Religion: Buddhism (nirvana, gender equality, non-violence)|
|Day 4||Chapter 4||World Religion: Confucianism (ethics and rituals, the evils of man, Confucianism and women)|
|Day 5||Chapter 5||World Religion: Taoism (the origins of Taoism, the texts of Taoism, Taoist sects, Taoist alchemy)|
|Day 6||Chapter 6||World Religion: Islam (Muhammad, the Qur'an, Sharia law, off-shoots of Islam)|
|Day 7||Chapter 7||World Religion: Judaism (difference between polytheism and monotheism, Jewish denominations, Jewish holidays and rituals)|
|Day 8||Chapter 8||World Religion: Christianity (early Christian ties to Judaism, early critics of Christ, the Great Crusades, religious reform in Switzerland)|
|Day 9||Final Exam||Take the practice final exam to see what you've mastered and make sure you are ready to earn credit for world religions|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Professional Development Courses for Teachers
- Why Take Online Professional Development Courses?
- How Professional Development Made ME a Better Teacher
- New Jersey Schools with Professional Development Courses in Education
- Online Professional Development Opportunities for K-12 Teachers
- Flashcards - ESL Teacher Roles & Professional Development
- Professional Engineering Classes and Courses
- 5 Ways to Fulfill Teacher Professional Development Requirements
- Advantages of Taking an Online Course Video
- How to Become a Professional Video Gamer
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses