- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 193
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Judaism Lesson Plan
Course SummaryFollow the lesson plan outlines in this course if you are seeking creative ways in which you can teach your students about world religions. Lesson plans contain detailed instructions about group and individual activities you can incorporate into your syllabus.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Engage your sociology or history class students with various activities you can use to supplement your existing lesson plans for world religions. You can assign hands-on projects, research papers and even extended assignments that have your students more deeply explore details about Judaism, Christianity, Buddhism and other religions and cultures around the world. You will also find a chapter devoted to essay writing prompts about world religions you can assign to your students.
Further support your daily lessons with video and text lessons that can generate class discussions and lead to other activities and projects. You can also have your class take short quizzes at the end of each lesson to confirm that they have retained details about various world religions and to help you identify any area in which they need further review.
How It Works
Use our lessons and lesson plans to supplement or even replace some of your existing classroom materials to give students the opportunity to learn through creative, fun activities. Lesson plans outline how you can work these activities into class time. The video and text lessons are easily accessible from any device, at any time, so you can use them whenever it's most convenient to fit them into your daily lessons.
The course includes:
- Detailed lesson plans that list materials you will need for projects, assignments, games and other activities you can use to help your students understand information about world religions.
- Video and text lessons that identify key words and provide short but detailed explanations of each religion.
- Printable quizzes/worksheets that allow you to test what your students have learned and which topics they need more focus in.
- Descriptions of extended projects students can do outside the classroom to help them learn and retain more information about various world religions and cultures.
How It Helps
- Identifies key words and phrases: - Lists relevant terms that your students will need to know about each religion discussed in class
- Describes fun activities: Provides instructions for specific activities that encourage class participation and retention of material about world religions
- Uses supportive learning resources: Details how you can use video and text lessons as classroom study materials to clarify details about different world religions and to spark classroom discussions
In this course, you will find lesson plans that focus on the following:
- Aspects of Judaism and Christianity
- Characteristics of Islam
- Indian culture and religion
- Details about Norse and Finnish mythology
- The history and practice of Buddhism
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses