- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 209
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Tone Lesson Plan
Course SummaryThis collection of teacher resources helps instructors develop lessons about writing and composition. Inside the course, you'll find comprehensive lesson plan outlines, rubrics, writing prompts, project ideas, class activities and supplemental resources that can quickly enhance your composition lessons.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Through content written by fellow teachers, this course details ideas for constructing lesson plans focusing on different areas of writing and composition. You'll discover tools you can use to prepare for the teaching of the writing process, forms of creative writing, and more. And if at any point you find yourself lost or overwhelmed by the material, our professional instructors are available for your questions.
How It Works
The structure of this course involves a series of video and text lessons with practice quizzes accompanying each to help you monitor your understanding topic-by-topic. These lessons and quizzes are accessible anywhere you have your mobile device handy, at whatever time suits you the best. And if you'd like to use the quizzes for offline study, they can also be printed as worksheets.
This course includes:
- Lessons centered on planning for the teaching of various forms of writing
- Engaging video lessons with a timeline feature that enables you to hop around main points of the content
- Transcripts of each video's material for those who learn better by reading
- Practice quizzes that can be taken as many times as you want
How It Helps
- Covers key areas: This course includes lesson planning ideas geared towards numerous forms of writing so you can be prepared to teach various topics within the subject.
- Caters to student engagement: Within this course you'll find several activities you can consider including in your lesson planning as a way of stimulating your students in the classroom.
- Look at both sides of writing - This course contains chapters that focus on writing as well as the subsequent editing skills your students can work on in the classroom.
|Writing & Composition Lesson Plans|| Learn to write paragraphs|
Develop topic sentences
Use active and passive voice
|Writing Process Lesson Plans||Review the stages of the writing process|
Prepare for the teaching of thesis statements and research writing
|Types of Writing Lesson Plans||Learn about methods for teaching narrative, argumentative, and persuasive essays|
Prepare to teach expository, persuasive, and memoir writing
|Forms of Creative Writing Lesson Plans||Define creative writing|
Get ready to help students write short stories and employ narrative techniques
|Letter Format & Writing Lesson Plans||Prepare your lesson plan for teaching letter writing|
Review the characteristics of friendly and business letter writing
|Peer Editing Resources||Go over several activities and project ideas for teaching writing within elementary, middle and high school|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Lesson Plans for Teachers
- Online Sign Language Lessons, Classes and Courses
- Lesson Plan Design Courses and Classes Overview
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- List of Free English Composition Courses and Classes
- Writing Courses and Classes Overview
- List of Free Online Acting Courses, Classes, Lessons and Workshops
- List of Free Online Graphic Arts Classes, Courses and Lessons
- Free Online Cinematography Classes, Lessons & Course Materials
- Drawing Lessons and Instruction: Overview of Classes and Coursework
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses