- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 194
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Nurse Aide: Definition & Duties
Course SummaryRefresh your understanding of the topics you'll be tested on when you take the Wyoming Pearson CNA exam with help from this informative training course. The video and text lessons that make up this comprehensive study guide are professionally designed and accessible 24 hours a day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Use this engaging study guide course to prepare for the Wyoming Pearson CNA exam and get a passing score. All the topics you'll find on the exam are covered in each of the video and text lessons provided in these chapters. Review all the lessons as a great preparation exercise, or just view the topics that you know you need to work on. You can use the video tabs feature to skip ahead in any video lesson to the section you'd like to watch. Once you complete this course, you should understand the following topics:
- The role of nurse aides, communication in nursing and patient rights
- Basic hygiene and safety
- Infection and asepsis control as well as patient injuries and infections
- Emergency situations for nurses
- Emergency care and procedures along with personal care
- Circulation and skin integrity,
- Nutrition basics, including fluid and electrolyte balance
- Rest, sleep and elimination
- Assistive mobility and devices
- Psychosocial concerns for nurses
- Physical impairments and physical assessment techniques
- Understanding pain, pain management and mental health concepts
- End of life care and the aging process
About the Exam
The Wyoming Pearson CNA exam is designed for nursing assistant certification in the state of Wyoming. There are two parts to the test: the written examination and the skills examination. Both portions must be passed in order to receive certification. For the first portion of the exam, test-takers may choose from a written examination in English or an oral examination in both English and Spanish for those with difficulty reading English. The written examination is made up of 70 multiple-choice questions, and the oral exam in both English and Spanish is comprised of 60 multiple-choice questions and 10 reading-comprehension questions. In the second part of the exam, candidates are given five randomly selected nursing assistant skills to successfully perform.
Wyoming Pearson CNA Exam Preparation & Registration
This course has been created to help make the process of preparing for the Wyoming Pearson CNA exam simpler and more efficient. You can access our learning materials on any tablet, mobile phone or computer for flexible and convenient study at whatever times work best for you. Utilize our printable lesson transcripts as helpful study guides that make it easy to review key words and concepts. If at any point you need assistance with these subjects, contact an instructor for help.
Candidates sitting for the Wyoming Pearson CNA exam must have previously completed an approved nursing assistant educational and training program. Test candidates must complete two applications in order to take the exam, including an application for examination registration and the application for certification by examination. Both applications, and the respective fees, must be received and processed before the test is scheduled. On test day, candidates are required to arrive at the testing center 30 minutes prior to the start of the test with two forms of eligible identification, three sharpened No. 2 pencils, an eraser, a watch with a second hand, their social security number and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be used to mail score reports.
Wyoming Pearson CNA test is a registered trademark of Pearson Education Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- CNA Courses with Comprehensive Course Descriptions
- Online Courses for Make-Up Professionals
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Online CNA Course and Online CNA Training Program Overviews
- CNA Certification Test: A Detailed Look at the CNA Exam
- CNA Training in Massachusetts with Course and Program Info
- CNA Classes and Courses in Georgia with Training Descriptions
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- What Are the Advantages of CNA Training?
- Special Effects Make-Up Training Programs and Course Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses