Ready to move on?
Flashcard Content Overview
This flashcard set covers the different types of geometries, including hyperbolic geometry, elliptical geometry, and Euclidean geometry. Flashcards in this set will quiz you on the definitions and differences between these types of geometries. This flashcard set also covers basic topics in analytic geometry. Check your understanding of the coordinate plane, quadrants, plotting points and graphing lines, and using the distance and midpoint formulas.
m = 2
4x - 2y = 2 expressed in slope-intercept form is y = 2x - 1.
Therefore, the slope is 2.
Given a straight line and a point not on that line, there exists only one line that passes through the point and never intersects the original line, regardless of how far the lines are extended.
The geometry of points, lines, and shapes on flat surfaces where the parallel postulate holds true.
The geometry of points, lines, and shapes on curved surfaces where the parallel postulate does not hold true.
Spherical geometry and hyperbolic geometry
To unlock this flashcard set you must be a Study.com Member.
Create your account
Back To CourseGeometry 101: Intro to Geometry
16 chapters | 146 lessons | 13 flashcard sets
- Solving Line & Angle Problems in Geometry: Practice Problems
- Practice with Shapes in Geometry: Practice Problems
- Basics of Geometry Flashcards
- Logic & Proof in Mathematics Flashcards
- Intro to Geometric Figures Flashcards
- Triangle Properties & Construction Flashcards
- Parallel Lines & Polygons Flashcards
- Triangle Congruence, Ratios & Proportions Flashcards
- Similar Polygons Flashcards
- Quadrilaterals Overview Flashcards
- Circles Overview Flashcards
- Conic Sections Overview Flashcards
- 3D Geometry Flashcards
- Analytical & Non-Euclidean Geometry Flashcards
- Go to Studying for Geometry 101