Flashcard Content Overview
This flashcard set looks at employee rights, such as employment-at-will and the exceptions to this doctrine. Exceptions including contract, implied covenant, and public policy are reviewed. Additionally, work-life balance is detailed, including issues like dependent care, flexible work arrangements, absence and vacation policy, onsite education and training, and fitness and healthy living. Workplace stress is defined and various contributors, such as work, task, and home demands, are reviewed. Physiological and psychological symptoms are also touched on. Employment rights such as the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VII, sexual harassment policies and affirmative action, COBRA, workers' compensation, and the ADA are defined.
To unlock this flashcard set you must be a Study.com Member.
Create your account
Back To CourseBusiness 106: Human Resource Management
12 chapters | 112 lessons | 9 flashcard sets
- HR Management Basics Flashcards
- HR Organizational Theories Flashcards
- Job Design & Staffing Flashcards
- Training & Performance Appraisal Flashcards
- Employee Compensation Flashcards
- Employment Laws & Rights Flashcards
- International HRM Flashcards
- Issues in HRM Flashcards
- Go to Studying for Business 106