Ready to move on?
Flashcard Content Overview
This flashcard set presents fundamentals for learning chemistry. You can test your memory of what metric prefixes like 'milli-' and 'centi-' mean. The cards review core principles of scientific notation and significant figures. They also offer practice problems for identifying how many significant figures are in a certain number. Students will also practice rounding calculation results based on significant figures in the problem. These flashcards also cover the meaning of various states of matter and how they are related.
When they appear between two other numbers.
When they are the last digit(s) after a decimal point.
When they appear as the last digit(s) in a number without a decimal point.
When they are leading zeroes (the first digits in a number with a decimal point).
The scientific-notation integer will be positive
To unlock this flashcard set you must be a Study.com Member.
Create your account
Back To CourseChemistry 101: General Chemistry
14 chapters | 132 lessons | 11 flashcard sets
- Matter & Experimental Chemistry Flashcards
- Periodic Table & Chemistry Flashcards
- Nuclear Chemistry Flashcards
- Chemical Bonds Flashcards
- States of Matter Flashcards
- Chemical Solutions Flashcards
- Stoichiometry Flashcards
- Chemical Reactions Flashcards
- Equilibrium in Chemistry Flashcards
- Kinetics in Chemistry Flashcards
- Periodic Table for Reference
- Go to Studying for Chemistry 101