About the CEOE
The Oklahoma Commission for Teacher Preparation (OCTP) developed the Certification Examinations for Oklahoma Educators (CEOE) program in 1995. The goal of this competency-based teacher assessment system is to ensure candidates seeking certification in Oklahoma have the skills and knowledge to perform the job of an entry-level educator. The program consists of exams that include the Oklahoma General Education Test (OGET), Oklahoma Professional Teaching Examination (OPTE) and a variety of Oklahoma Subject Area Tests (OSAT). These exams are developed and administered by the Evaluation Systems group of Pearson.
Candidates seeking initial certification are required to pass both the OGET and OPTE along with the OSAT that corresponds with the subject area they want to teach. For example, if you want to teach physical science at the secondary level, you will need to earn passing scores on the OGET, OPTE and Physical Science OSAT exam. Individuals interested in adding certification areas or endorsements like advanced subject areas, elementary education, early childhood or special education to their initial certification must take and pass corresponding tests.
All CEOE exams consist of selected-response questions, and some feature one or more written assignments or constructed-response questions. Most exams have a 4-hour testing window and require a minimum score of 240 to pass. Many exams are available at test sites in Oklahoma and nationwide, though some are only available at specific test centers. Exams like Advanced Math and Marketing Education are offered by appointment, year-round, Monday through Saturday, while others like Earth Science and Physics have specific testing windows. Language exams like Cherokee, Chinese (Mandarin) and German have specific testing windows on specific dates and are only offered at predetermined test centers in Oklahoma.
We offer a variety of courses that can enhance your CEOE test preparations, including the following:
- OGET Oklahoma General Education Test (CEOE) (074): Practice & Study Guide
- OSAT Advanced Mathematics (CEOE) (111): Practice & Study Guide
- OSAT Biological Sciences (CEOE) (010): Study Guide & Practice
- OSAT Business Education (CEOE) (040): Practice & Study Guide
- OSAT Chemistry (CEOE) (004): Practice & Study Guide
- OSAT Early Childhood Education (CEOE) (105): Practice & Study Guide
- OSAT Earth Science (CEOE) (008): Practice & Study Guide
- OSAT Elementary Education (CEOE) (050/051): Practice & Study Guide
- OSAT English (CEOE) (107): Practice & Study Guide
- OSAT English as a Second Language (CEOE) (077): Study Guide & Practice
- OSAT Family & Consumer Sciences (CEOE) (009): Study Guide & Practice
- OSAT Gifted Education (CEOE) (083): Study Guide & Practice
- OSAT Marketing Education (CEOE) (041): Practice & Study Guide
- OSAT Middle Level English (CEOE) (024): Practice & Study Guide
- OSAT Middle Level Science (CEOE) (026): Practice & Study Guide
- OSAT Middle Level Social Studies (CEOE) (027): Practice & Study Guide
- OSAT Middle Level/Intermediate Mathematics (CEOE) (125): Practice & Study Guide
- OSAT Mild-Moderate Disabilities (CEOE) (129): Study Guide & Practice
- OSAT Physical Education/Health/Safety (CEOE) (012): Study Guide & Practice
- OSAT Physical Science (CEOE) (013): Practice & Study Guide
- OSAT Physics (CEOE) (014): Practice & Study Guide
- OSAT Psychology/Sociology (CEOE) (032): Practice & Study Guide
- OSAT Reading Specialist (CEOE) (015): Practice & Study Guide
- OSAT School Psychologist Exam (CEOE) (033): Study Guide & Practice
- OSAT World History/Geography (CEOE) (018): Practice & Study Guide
About Study.com CEOE Courses
Let your journey toward earning the passing score you desire on your CEOE exam begin with our fun certification test prep courses. These courses, which are designed with your busy schedule in mind, feature dozens of engaging video and text lessons, each of which you can review in just minutes. Though the lessons are short, they are filled with important details you need to successfully address topics on CEOE exams.
Our courses feature a variety of self-assessment options you can utilize anytime to confirm your knowledge of key exam concepts. Take multiple-choice quizzes to find out how well you understand the lessons. For a broader review of the courses, be sure to take the comprehensive chapter exams and final course exams. These self-assessment tools ensure you fully comprehend the materials and are skilled at answering questions in the format you'll see on CEOE exams.
Around-the-clock access makes it easy to utilize our study tools during timeframes that align with your personal schedule. Mobile features enable you to access our test prep courses on the go using your preferred smartphone or tablet. The dashboard tracks your progress through the courses. It also offers an Ask the Expert feature that lets you clarify any details presented in the lessons by submitting your questions to our subject-matter experts.
Easily Master Any Subject
Watch short, fun videos taught by great teachersCreate an Account