About the MoGEA
The Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA) is an exam educator candidates are required to pass when seeking entry into a Missouri educator preparation program. This exam is a part of the Missouri Education Gateway Assessments (MEGA) program, which measures the pedagogical and content knowledge, dispositions and work styles of educator candidates and ensures they're ready to teach students in Missouri. Candidates also take part in the MEGA program when seeking a paraprofessional position or educator certification.
The MoGEA exam is comprised of four subtests: Reading Comprehension and Interpretation, Mathematics, Writing, and Science and Social Studies. The Reading Comprehension and Interpretation subtest consists of 39 multiple-choice questions and lasts 75 minutes. The Mathematics and Science and Social Studies subtests each feature 40 multiple-choice questions and last 75 minutes and 60 minutes, respectively. The Writing subtest consists of a written assignment and lasts 60 minutes. If you opt to take all four subtests in one sitting, the exam will last 4 1/2 hours with a 15-minute break provided between subtest 2 and 3.
The MoGEA exam is available year-round by appointment at Pearson Vue test centers in Missouri and across the nation. Missouri educator preparation programs determine the passing scores for all four subtests on an individual basis. In addition to completing the MoGEA exam, educator candidates may be required to complete the Missouri Educator Profile (MEP) upon entry into a Missouri educator program. The MEP, which is a 192-question internet-based survey completed at the candidate's convenience, is used as a tool for planning professional development while in an educator program.
As you prepare for the MoGEA or MEGA exams, be sure to utilize Study.com's test prep courses that include the following:
- MoGEA Mathematics Subtest (068): Practice & Study Guide
- MoGEA Writing Subtest (067): Practice & Study Guide
- MoGEA Reading Comprehension & Interpretation Subtest (066): Practice & Study Guide
- MoGEA Science & Social Studies Subtest (069): Study Guide & Practice
- MEGA Biology: Practice & Study Guide
- MEGA Business: Practice & Study Guide
- MEGA Chemistry: Practice & Study Guide
- MEGA Early Childhood Education: Practice & Study Guide
- MEGA Earth Science: Practice & Study Guide
- MEGA Elementary Education ELA Subtest: Practice & Study Guide
- MEGA Elementary Education Mathematics Subtest: Practice & Study Guide
- MEGA Elementary Education Science Subtest: Practice & Study Guide
- MEGA English: Practice & Study Guide
- MEGA General Science: Practice & Study Guide
- MEGA Health: Practice & Study Guide
- MEGA Marketing: Practice & Study Guide
- MEGA Mathematics: Practice & Study Guide
- MEGA Middle School Education - Language Arts: Practice & Study Guide
- MEGA Middle School Mathematics: Practice & Study Guide
- MEGA Middle School Science: Practice & Study Guide
- MEGA Paraprofessional Exam: Study Guide & Practice
- MEGA Physical Education: Practice & Study Guide
- MEGA Physics: Practice & Study Guide
- MEGA Social Science Multi-Content: Practice & Study Guide
About Study.com MoGEA Courses
Our MoGEA test prep courses can quickly get you up to speed with concepts covered on the MoGEA exam. Lessons are prepared by teachers for teachers with the aim of getting you reacquainted with the topics you will see on MoGEA subtests. Video and text lesson formats enable you to brush up on these concepts in the manner that suits your study habits.
To confirm your understanding of these MoGEA courses, be sure to take the multiple-choice quiz accompanying each lesson and practice exam paired with each chapter. For a broader review of each course, don't hesitate to take the final exam. Utilizing these self-assessment options can help you feel confident in your knowledge of key concepts while ensuring you're comfortable with the types of questions asked on the MoGEA exam.
As you navigate our courses, don't hesitate to check your progress by looking at the dashboard. This personalized feature showcases your recent course activity and lets you send any lesson topic questions to our subject-matter experts. Also, enjoy the ability to access these courses 24 hours a day via any internet-enabled smartphone, computer or tablet.
Easily Master Any Subject
Watch short, fun videos taught by great teachersCreate an Account