Tammy teaches business courses at the post-secondary and secondary level and has a master's of business administration in finance.
Define each vocabulary word. Note the page where each is found and explain the word in the context of this chapter. Afterwards, choose one word from the list and use it in a sentence.
- Explain Mr. Gatsby's young life. How did he began yachting? How did he become rich?
- Daisy attended one of Mr. Gatsby's parties. What is Mr. Gatsby's demeanor at this party? Has it changed from previous parties? If yes, explain how it is different and why.
- What is Daisy's disposition at Mr. Gatsby's party? Did Tom, her husband, notice? Explain.
Setting and Theme Questions
- Mr. Gatsby has invited Nick to several activities; name at least three of them. Does Nick accept each invitation? How does this relate to his opinion of Mr. Gatsby? Be specific.
- Do you think it was appropriate for Daisy to attend Mr. Gatsby's party? Why or why not?
- What does Mr. Gatsby want Daisy to do as it relates to Tom? Note the specific quote. Do you agree with Mr. Gatsby's comments? Explain your answer.
To unlock this lesson you must be a Study.com Member.
Create your account
Register to view this lesson
Unlock Your Education
See for yourself why 30 million people use Study.com
Become a Study.com member and start learning now.Become a Member
Already a member? Log InBack