CEOE Test Score Information

Copyright

Understanding CEOE Test Score Results

Certificate Examinations for Oklahoma Educators (CEOE) are comprised of three main tests - the OPTE, OSAT, and OGET - which individuals must take in order to be able to work as an educator in the state of Oklahoma. It may not be necessary for students to take all three tests, as the type of certification that students pursue will determine which tests they must take. Each of the three tests are scored on a scale of 100 to 300. On the test score release date, students will receive a score report that indicate whether they passed or not. Additionally, the report will include a performance graph that presents test-takers with information regarding how well they did on specific subsections of the test. In order to pass any of the three exams, students must earn a score of at least 240 on the entire test cumulatively. Below, scoring information pertaining to each individual test is highlighted.

OGET Score Information

The Oklahoma General Education Test (OGET) includes 100 questions as well as a writing section that students must complete. This test covers foundational knowledge in the areas of reading, writing, math and information literacy. A student's performance on the questions makes up 80% of their score, while the writing section makes up the remaining 20%.

OPTE Score Information

The Oklahoma Professional Teaching Examination (OPTE) is offered in two tests, one designed for teachers of pre-kindergarten to 8th grade and the other designed for teachers of 6th to 12th grade. Both tests are comprised of 75 multiple choice questions and three writing assignments. The results from the multiple choice section make up 70% of a student's overall score and the writing assignments make up the remaining 30%.

OSAT Score Information

The Oklahoma Subject Area Tests (OSAT) are offered in a wide variety of subject areas, such as art, business education, Chinese, French, and physics, among other options. The way these exams are scored differs depending on the particular subject. In general, a student's final score is derived from their performance on a multiple-choice question section in combination with their performance in constructed response sections. For example, a student taking the French subject area test will receive a score that weights their performance on the multiple-choice section at 70% and their performance in the written expression and oral expression sections at 15% each. Other subject tests are structured differently so students are advised to check the specific score breakdown for any subject area test they plan to take.

Preparing for CEOE Exams

In order to achieve at least a passing score of 240, students may be interested in learning about how they can best prepare for the CEOE examinations. Students can access the framework and test content for each exam on the CEOE's official website. Additionally, Study.com provides a number of different courses designed specifically for these exams that students may find useful. For example, students may be interested in checking out the following courses:

Study.com also offers a number of other test prep courses for CEOE OSAT Exams, including English, Business, Earth Science, Advanced Mathematics and much more!

What is the CEOE Test?

Those who wish to be certified as teachers in the state of Oklahoma are required to take a series of examinations known as the Certification Exams for Oklahoma Educators. Find out more about the various tests and whether a passing score leads to certification.

We help millions of students every month.
Try it risk-free today! No obligation, cancel anytime.