CLEP Exam Dates 2018
CLEP serves as a convenient option for students looking to earn college credits that could apply toward a degree. Currently, 33 exams are offered and credits earned are accepted at 2,900 colleges and universities.
CLEP works with 1,800 testing centers across the globe to administer these exams. Each center sets its own exam schedule to ensure students enjoy flexible testing options. To determine CLEP exam dates for 2018, contact a testing center near you.
Finding a CLEP Testing Center
If you are interested in finding a nearby CLEP testing center, you can use the ''Find a Test Center'' tool located at clep.collegeboard.org. The tool offers two ways to find centers in your area:
- Locate a specific testing center: If you already know the name of the institution at which you would like to take an exam, simply enter the name in the ''Enter a College or University Name'' field. A list of matching schools will pop up, allowing you to select one. If your preferred college or university is not listed, try locating other testing centers in your area.
- Find testing centers in your area: To find a list of testing centers in your vicinity, select the drop-down arrow under ''Select a Country,'' choose your country, then click the ''Search'' button. If you're searching in the United States, you will be asked to narrow your search by choosing a state (you can also search by city and zip code).
Understanding Testing Center Information
Once you are presented with one or more CLEP testing centers to choose from, you will be given access to important details. With each center's name is the following information:
- Street address
- Option to get directions
- Phone number
- Website (when available)
- Distance from your location (available in the United States when a city or zip code is entered)
Testing Center Fee & Other Details
It's important to note that most CLEP testing centers require a nonrefundable administration fee before taking an exam. This fee is determined by and paid directly to the testing center via its preferred method of payment.
Test takers who qualify for CLEP fully-funded exams, such as DANTES-elligible service members, are exempt from paying the administration fee when taking the CLEP exam at an approved center.
When browsing locations in the ''Find a Test Center'' tool, be sure to look for the following test center statuses to pinpoint centers that waive administration fees or have other guidelines:
|Testing Center Status||Description|
|Open||Exams are open to all students who register and pay the administration fee.|
|Fully-funded||The administration fee is waived for service members and civilians who qualify for CLEP fully-funded exams.|
|Limited||Exams are administered only to students enrolled at or admitted to the institution.|
|On-base||Testing is offered to civilians authorized to enter a military installation and eligible service members.|
Scheduling a CLEP Exam Appointment
To schedule a CLEP exam appointment, you will need to contact your preferred testing center. It's important to note, however, that exam registration is required before scheduling your appointment.
When registering for your exam in the My Account portal (clep.collegeboard.org), you will have the option to select your preferred testing center and have the center's information printed on your registration ticket. You can also use the ''Find a Test Center'' tool to locate a center.
How to Make Test Accommodation Requests
Testing centers are able to accommodate special requests from test takers with learning or physical disabilities or other needs.
Some accommodations include ZoomText (screen magnification), modifiable screen colors, extended time, untimed rest breaks, scribes/writers and sign language interpreters.
Be sure to contact your preferred testing center to explain the accommodations you will need and find out the deadline to submit necessary documentation for approval of accommodations. If you need additional accommodations, contact CLEP Services prior to registering for an exam.
Preparing for CLEP Exams
Once you've determined the CLEP exam(s) you want to take and feel confident that you know when and where to take your exam(s), feel free to visit Study.com to begin your CLEP preparation process. We offer dozens of CLEP courses, study guides, practice tests, and other CLEP informational resources that you can access at your convenience. Resources available in our study courses include:
- Engaging lessons: Discover or improve your knowledge of topics you could see on CLEP exams by reviewing our bite-sized lessons.
- Short quizzes: Our multiple-choice quizzes let you assess your comprehension of each lesson you study.
- Practice exams: Comprehensive exams are available to check your knowledge of individual chapters and each entire course.
- Mobile features: Feel free to access our study courses using your computer or any smartphone or tablet.
- Expert assistance: Our subject-matter experts can answer your questions about CLEP exam topics covered in the lessons.