Praxis Core (Praxis 1) Practice Tests
The ETS Praxis Core Exams, also known as the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators and formerly known as the Praxis 1, are a pre-requisite for many teacher training programs. They consist of three tests in reading, writing and mathematics and are designed to assess candidates' knowledge and understanding of these three foundational subjects. They can be taken individually, or together as a combined test.
Study.com's Praxis 1 practice tests are closely aligned with the content of the real exams and can be used to help you to identify gaps in your knowledge and gain confidence for the real thing. After taking a test you will receive suggestions for further study to help you improve your performance.
Written and evaluated by subject matter experts, all of our Praxis Core practice tests:
- Align closely to the content of the real exam
- Are automatically graded
- Provide instant diagnostic feedback to identify your strengths and weaknesses
- Suggest lessons & chapters for further study
- Are supported by comprehensive Praxis Core study guides
Free Praxis Core Practice Tests from Study.com
Study.com provides 15-question free diagnostic practice tests in each of the Praxis Core subsections of reading, writing and mathematics. For each question you are given instant feedback along with helpful links to video and text lessons for further study in that area. You will also receive a report at the end that details your areas of strength and weakness and provides lessons for further Praxis Core practice.
Take a free Praxis Core practice test now!
Exclusive Praxis 1 Practice Tests for Study.com Members
Study.com members receive access to 50 question practice tests compiled from hundreds of Praxis 1 practice questions, so each test is different and enables you to learn a little more each time. Complete multiple practice tests throughout your course of study to track progress and fill any gaps in your knowledge. Upon completion of a Praxis 1 practice test you'll receive an instant analysis with study suggestions to help you prepare for your exam.
Prepare for the Praxis Core Exam with Study.com
Meeting your academic goals can be difficult. Study.com provides a range of tools that are designed to help you every step of the way:
- Comprehensive courses are organized to provide clear progression
- Engaging, bite-sized video lessons help you to retain information
- Easy, flexible scheduling enables you to make a study plan
- Optional reminders help you stay on track
- Diagnostic summaries identify weaknesses and recommend areas of study
View our collection of Praxis Core study guides:
Tips for Praxis Core Practice
- Answer every question. On all Praxis exams, there is no penalty for a wrong answer. As a result, it is always best to answer every question, even if you must guess. When completing difficult Praxis Core practice questions, narrow down your options and select your best educated guess.
- Read every answer. When taking the practice test or the real examination, you may be tempted to go with the first answer that seems correct. While your instinct is often correct, make sure to read through every answer option before deciding. Evaluating each option forces you to consider every possibility, giving you the best chance at getting the question right.
- Recreate the test environment. There is more to acing your Praxis I exam than just knowing all the content. Managing stress and maintaining focus are essential to achieving a good score. The best way to prepare for these factors is to recreate the test environment you will experience. Set aside a time to take your practice test at the same time of day and a similar location to where and when your Praxis I test will take place. During the practice test, set a timer to practice answering questions under pressure and to determine whether, and how, you need to adjust your time-management. Repeat this practice strategy several times, until you feel confident and ready for the test experience.
- Test your knowledge. Study.com's Praxis I practice tests provide an automatic, in-depth analysis of your results. You will be given a list of your strengths and weaknesses, as well as a collection of suggested video lessons and study guides to help you get the most out of your study time. Use these tools to your advantage to make sure you are fully prepared for test day!