Praxis Math Practice Tests
The Educational Testing Service (ETS) offers a range of math exams for prospective teachers as part of their Praxis Series. These Praxis Math exams include the Praxis Core Mathematics subtest and a collection of Praxis Math Subject Assessments, formerly known as Praxis 2 Math tests. While the Praxis Core Math exam is a requirement for many general educational degrees and teaching licenses, the Praxis 2 Math exams focus on specific grade levels. Whichever Praxis Math exam you need to take to obtain your degree or certification, our practice tests will help you test your knowledge, identify your strengths and weaknesses, and ensure that you are ready to succeed on test day.
Written and evaluated by subject matter experts, all our Praxis Mathematics practice tests:
- Align closely with the content of the real exam
- Are automatically graded
- Provide instant diagnostic feedback to identify your strengths and weaknesses
- Suggest lessons & chapters for further study
- Are supported by comprehensive Praxis Math study guides
Free Praxis Math Practice Tests from Study.com
Begin by trying our free Praxis Math practice tests. These 15-question diagnostic assessments give you immediate feedback, including answers and video explanations for questions you missed. You'll also receive a list of your strengths and weaknesses, complete with suggested video lessons and other resources to help focus your study.
Exclusive Praxis Math Practice Tests for Study.com Members
In addition to our free 15-question assessments, we also offer 50-question practice tests to our members. These exclusive exams pull from a large collection of sample Praxis Math practice questions, ensuring a different practice test every time! Take the practice test multiple times throughout your preparation process to track your progress and assess your test-day readiness.
Prepare for Praxis Math with Study.com
In addition to our free and exclusive practice tests, Study.com offers a wide range of study tools to help you every step of the way:
- Comprehensive courses are organized to provide clear progression
- Engaging, bite-sized video lessons help you to retain information
- Easy, flexible scheduling enables you to make a study plan
- Optional reminders can help you stay on track
- Post-test summaries identify weaknesses and provide study suggestions
View our collection of Praxis Math study guides:
Tips for Praxis Math Practice
Ready to get started? Follow these Praxis Math practice tips and tricks to get the most out of our Praxis Core Math and Praxis 2 Math practice tests.
- Answer every question. On all Praxis exams, there is no penalty for a wrong answer. As a result, it is always best to answer every question, even if you must guess. Practice narrowing down your options and selecting your best educated guess on difficult questions.
- Read every answer. When taking the practice test or the real examination, you may be tempted to go with the first answer that seems correct to save time. While your instinct is often correct, make sure to read through every answer option before deciding. Reading through each option forces you to consider every possibility, giving you the best chance at getting the question right.
- Practice using your calculator. Each of the Praxis math exams allows you to use a calculator, though calculator types differ between exams. During your practice test, practice using that kind of calculator to ensure you are familiar with all your calculator's functionalities. Using the calculator quickly and effectively can be the difference between failure and success! Use the table below to determine which type of calculator you can use during your exam.
- Recreate the test environment. There is more to acing your Praxis math exam than just knowing all the content. Managing stress and maintaining focus are essential to achieving a good score. The best way to prepare for these factors is to recreate the test environment while taking practice tests. Set aside a time to take your practice test at a similar time of day and a similar location to where and when your exam will take place. During the practice test, set a timer to practice solving problems under pressure and to determine if you need to spend less (or more) time on each question. Repeat this practice strategy several times, until you feel confident and ready for the test experience.
- Test your knowledge. Study.com's practice tests provide an automatic, in-depth analysis of your results. You will be given a list of your strengths and weaknesses, as well as a collection of suggested video lessons and study guides to help you get the most out of your study time. Use these tools to your advantage to make sure you are fully prepared for test day!
Find Your Praxis Math Calculator
|Praxis Exam||Calculator Type|
|Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators: Mathematics (5732)||Four Function|
|Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators: Mathematics (5733)||Four Function|
|Praxis Elementary Education: Mathematics - CKT (7803)||Four Function|
|Praxis Elementary Education: Mathematics - Applied CKT (7903)||Four Function|
|Elementary Education: Mathematics Subtest (5003)||Scientific|
|Algebra I (5162)||Graphing|
|Mathematics: Content Knowledge (5161)||Graphing|
|Middle School Mathematics (5169)||Graphing|
|Pennsylvania Grades 4-8 Subject Concentration: Mathematics (5158) '||Four-Function*|
*Note: Unlike the other Praxis math exams, you will not be provided with an on-screen version of this calculator. For this test, you will have to bring in your own four-function device.'
Unless stated otherwise, on-screen calculators will be provided during each Praxis Math exam.