FTCE Testing Schedule
The FTCE series of examinations contains more than 40 assessments. These exams are administered to prospective educators in Florida and are used to confirm that a candidate has the requisite knowledge. FTCE tests are a necessary step on the road to acquiring teacher certification in the state.
The FTCE examinations are available year-round on an appointment basis, so you'll need to register beforehand. Tests are administered Monday through Saturday, with the exception of holidays.
FTCE Testing Centers
To find a testing center near you, visit the official FTCE website and begin by clicking the link titled ''Find a test center near you.''
Once you've followed this link, you'll find yourself on a search page for the Pearson Vue website (the external link is to be expected, don't be surprised to find yourself on another site!) Using the search bar, enter your zip code.
After you've provided this, the site will then provide you with a list of testing centers near you, starting with the closest. You'll be shown a map with test centers to help you visualize their location. The site also provides driving directions to each location.
Special Testing Sites
While most exams can be scheduled on an appointment basis at any testing center, the following exams are offered only at select testing locations:
- French K-12
- German K-12
- Hearing Impaired K-12
- Music K-12
- Spanish K-12
- Speech 6-12
Selecting a Date
Once you know where you want to take your test, it's time to figure out when you want to take your test. Follow these easy steps to select and confirm your test date.
1. Sign in to your FTCE account through the official FTCE website. If this is your first time taking an exam and you don't already have an account, you'll need to create one.
2. Click the ''Register for the FTCE/FELE'' option and then choose the test you would like to take. You'll also need to answer a few background questions and agree to adhere to all testing rules and procedures.
3. Find the ''Open Registrations'' tab and click the ''Schedule'' button to select your desired testing center. At this point you'll also be able to see available test dates and times. Pick the one you wish to sit for.
4. Review your selection and confirm that it is accurate.
5. Submit payment. You can use a debit, credit or check card to pay for your exam.
Once you've completed these steps, you should be good to go. You should receive an email confirming your registration along with an admissions ticket.
Preparing for the FTCE
Now that you've chosen your testing center and date, it's time to bear down on studying!
FTCE exams cover a wide range of topics in most academic fields. To get ready for these exams, Study.com has an extensive library of study guides to help you get ready for the big day. The following list contains just a few examples of available FTCE study guides:
- FTCE Chemistry
- FTCE Social Science
- FTCE Elementary Education K-6
- FTCE Biology Grades 6-12
- FTCE Middle Grades English
- FTCE English 6-12
- FTCE General Knowledge
- FTCE Middle Grades Math
Check out Study.com's complete listing of FTCE courses for a full list of study guides, all of which contain comprehensive reviews of the most important test topics.