Registering for a MEGA Program Test
Registration for the MEGA program tests (including the MoGEA) is now handled through the official Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments website, administered by Pearson Education Incorporated. Registration for most tests is open year-round, with appointments available on Monday through Saturday at Pearson testing centers across the United States.
Note: Due to the equipment used during these tests, the MEGA world language content assessments have limited testing windows and locations. Before registering, be sure to check out Pearson's scheduling information and availability for your test.
Before you register for any MEGA program test, you must first create an account on the official website. This account will contain your personal information, including date of birth, home address, email address and a Social Security number (a state requirement for licensure and score reporting). It will also contain your test history and scores, as well as information on any test for which you are currently registered.
After you create an account on the official MEGA program website:
- Find which test you need to take. Each MEGA program test has its own section on the website that contains important information like test content, fees, scoring, and scheduling information. It is also recommended to check for seating and test center availability ahead of time.
- Begin test registration. The entire registration process is handled on the official website. Simply scroll to the bottom of your test's information page and find the button that says Register Now to begin.
- Indicate accommodations, if needed. During the registration process, you will be asked if you require special accommodations for a disability.
- Pay and complete. After you submit your payment information and finish, your registration will be valid for a year. During this time, you must either take your test or withdraw your registration, or else it will expire without possibility of a refund.
- Schedule your test. You may do this immediately after registration or you may wait. However, as appointments are handled on a first come, first serve basis, it is best to schedule your appointment as soon as possible.
Note that if you are requesting special accommodations, you must wait until your request is cleared by the test administrators. If accepted, you will receive information on when the testing center will be able to accommodate your request and you should schedule your exam accordingly.
Rescheduling and Withdrawals
You may change your test date, time or location up to 24 hours before the scheduled appointment, free of charge. You may also withdraw your registration during this time period and still receive a full refund.
If you need to reschedule or withdraw your registration, access your account on the official MEGA website and click Reschedule. Then, follow the directions given to change or cancel your appointment. If you are cancelling your exam completely, you must then request a registration withdrawal through your account.
Note that if you are absent from your exam, you will not receive a refund.
MEGA and MoGEA Prep Materials
Even if you have a busy schedule, Study.com can help you get a comprehensive MEGA or MoGEA review. The Practice & Prep courses you can find in our MEGA Study Guides allow you to study and practice at your own pace, anytime, anywhere. It's easy with our fast and fun video lessons, complete with full transcripts and mini-quizzes that you can use to check your progress and mastery of the subject.
Check out our MEGA and MoGEA Study Guides to find the MEGA Study Guide that best suits your licensing needs. If you are preparing for the MoGEA, we offer complete preparation resources for the Reading Comprehension and Interpretation, Writing, Mathematics, and Science & Social Studies subtests.