When OAE Test Results Are Released
Once individuals take an OAE test, they have to wait until the score reporting date to receive their results. How long they have to wait depends on whether they took the test early in a testing period or near the end of a testing period.
The typical testing period lasts 27 to 28 days. The test score reporting dates normally fall approximately 38 or 39 days after the start of a testing period and 12 days after the end of a testing period.
Examples of testing periods and score report dates for 2018 include:
|Testing Period||Score Report Date|
|May 7 to June 3||June 15|
|June 4 to July 1||July 13|
|July 2 to July 29||August 10|
|July 30 to August 26||September 7|
|August 27 to September 23||October 5|
|September 24 to October 21||November 2|
|October 22 to November 18||November 30|
Where to Get Test Results
Score results are provided through test-takers' OAE accounts where they registered for their tests. Results are available on the score release date reported on the OAE website. The typical time the results are uploaded is 10 pm.
What's on the Score Report
A test-taker's scores on the multiple-choice and, if applicable, constructed-response sections of a test are converted to an overall scaled score. A test-taker's overall test score can be no lower than 100 and no higher than 300. The passing score for OAE exams is set at 220.
When individuals receive their score report they will see a breakdown of the multiple-choice and constructed-response questions they answered in the various content domains making up their exam. They will be given 1 to 4 ''+'' marks to indicate how well they did on each part of the test, with 1 ''+'' representing a poor performance in a content domain and 3 or 4 ''+'' marks representing performance above the passing standard. This feedback enables test-takers who fail the exam to identify the areas they need to focus on improving their performance in. Some constructed-response questions on some tests offer feedback with a range of 1 to 3 ''+'' marks.
Who Receives Test Score Information
Test score data is sent to the following:
- A test-taker
- The Ohio Department of Education (ODE)
- A test-taker's college or university
- As many as 3 other institutions a test-taker indicates when registering
Where to Find OAE Test Resources
Before you schedule your OAE exam, take advantage of study resources that can help you review all of the information you will be tested on. Each of these OAE Study Guides, including the ones listed below, contains hundreds of lessons and offers individuals the ability to schedule review time whenever it's convenient for them.
- Ohio Assessments for Educators - Elementary Education (018/019): Practice & Study Guide Course
- Ohio Assessments for Educators - Mathematics (027): Practice & Study Guide Course
- Ohio Assessments for Educators - Biology (007): Practice & Study Guide Course
- Ohio Assessments for Educators - English Language Arts (020): Practice & Study Guide Course
- Ohio Assessments for Educators - Chemistry (009): Practice & Study Guide Course
- Ohio Assessments for Educators - Earth & Space Science (014): Practice & Study Guide Course