Dates and Locations for RICA Tests
The RICA exam can be taken in a written or video format. Once test-takers decide which test format they are going to pursue, they can access information online about submission deadlines for video exams or test sites and dates for the written test.
Video Exam Dates
The RICA video examination is completed by the test-taker and sent in by mail to be assessed. There is no set location for compiling or presenting the exam materials. Submission deadlines are listed online, and individuals must submit their materials so that they are received by the deadlines given. The remaining submission deadline for the 2017-2018 school year is June 15, 2018, and the registration deadline is June 1.
The video exam deadlines for the 2018-2019 school year are set as:
- November 2, 2018
- March 15, 2019
- June 14, 2019
Test results are released around 3 weeks after the submission deadline.
RICA Written Exam Dates and Locations
The written exam is administered year-round, and testing appointments are available Monday through Saturday. The CTC exam website has a page that provides links to two apps on the Pearson VUE site.
The Location App
This is an app designed to help people find test sites that are located in a place where it is convenient for them to take their test. One person may want to find a test site that's close to home, while another may prefer to find one that's near where they work or go to school. In order to find the ideal test site, a person can provide information as general as a city name or zip code or they can provide a specific street address. The app will display test sites near the given location on a map and list the site names and addresses.
The Test Time App
This is the app people can use when they're ready to schedule their exams. They must select the test they need to take and then provide location information. Once they have done this, they can select 1, 2 or 3 test centers where they prefer to schedule their test. The next page of the app will display calendars for each test site. Select a test site and then view the calendars to see what dates still have space for people to book the RICA exam. Test dates that aren't available will be crossed out.
After a date has been selected, the app will then display a list of all times it is possible to start that test on that date at that location. This does not guarantee an individual space to take his/her exam on that date in the given venue. Individuals must schedule an exam to secure their space.
Video Exam Registration Steps
- Step 1: Go to the RICA video exam information page on the CTC exam website.
- Step 2: Select the ''order a registration form'' option.
- Step 3: Complete the form to order your registration packet.
- Step 4: Complete all steps as directed for registering when you receive your registration packet.
- Step 5: Mail your registration form and payment as directed.
- Step 6: Compile your video exam materials.
- Step 7: Submit your video exam materials by the deadline you registered for.
RICA Written Exam Registration Steps
- Step 1: Log in to your account on the CTC exam website.
- Step 2: Register for the RICA exam.
- Step 3: Pay for the RICA test.
- Step 4: Select the schedule option.
- Step 5: Complete the schedule option steps to choose your date, time and location for the exam.
- Step 6: Review your confirmation email from Pearson VUE to make sure the date, time and location for which you have been scheduled to take your test is correct.
RICA Test Resources
To fully prepare for the RICA exam, use reputable study materials, such as this RICA Exam: Test Prep & Practice course. The lessons are self-paced and accessible online from devices such as smart phones and computers. This study guide contains over 120 lessons that will help individuals effectively review all relevant RICA test topics before their exam.