Study.com ASWB Scholarship
The ASWB exams give the opportunity for students become licensed social work professionals. After choosing which category of the ASWB to pursue, Bachelors, Masters, Advanced Generalist or Clinical, the real work starts.
Studying for the ASWB exam can take a lot of time, money and can be very rigorous. To help test takers, Study.com is thrilled to offer three ASWB scholarships. Below you can learn more about how to apply, eligibility requirements and award amounts up for grabs!
ASWB Scholarship Awards
Study.com is offering three ASWB scholarship awards to help test takers on their journey to becoming ASWB licensed social workers. Test takers have the chance to win one of three awards in the amount of $500 for first place, $300 for second place or $200 for third place.
ASWB scholarship winners will be notified based on the contact information provided on their application. Study.com will only contact award recipients.
- First Prize: $500
- Second Prize: $300
- Third Prize: $200
Eligibility Requirements for the ASWB Scholarship
ASWB scholarship applicants must meet the minimum requirements listed below. Failure to meet these requirements will disqualify the applicant.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time you submit your application
- Plan on taking the ASWB by April 1st, 2019.
- Not be a previous Study.com ASWB Scholarship winner.
How to Apply
Eligible applicants can apply by filling out an ASWB Scholarship Application Form. Only one application per person will be accepted. Applying automatically allows the applicant to be eligible for all three scholarship award amounts.
Please note that as part of the application, test-takers will need to answer several writing prompts. The answers to these questions gives Study.com a better idea of why they are the ideal candidate to win one of the scholarship awards.
Below are a few of the writing prompts that are on the application:
- How would winning a Study.com ASWB Scholarship help you?
- What are your professional goals for the future?
- What are your goals for taking the ASWB tests?
- What is the biggest challenge you have had to overcome while preparing for the ASWB tests?
ASWB Scholarship Deadline
The deadline for the ASWB scholarship is April 1, 2019. All applications must be completed by the application deadline. Failure to finish the application or submitting after the deadline will automatically disqualify the application and will not be considered for the scholarships.
Tips for a Successful Application
Deciding to become a licensed social worker is a big step towards a fulfilling career, and we want to know why! Tell us about your career goals and how excelling on the ASWB will help you reach them. This will help us learn more about your story and why you should earn an ASWB scholarship from Study.com.
Here are a few tips for completing your scholarship application:
- Original writing: Your story is unique, and your writing should be, too. Please do not plagiarize. Tell us your story in your own words.
- Focus on the prompt: While there are many things you may want to tell us, please focus on the prompt and answer the question at hand. The questions have been designed for us to gain valuable insights into your journey, goals & your future.
- Thoughtful responses: By thinking critically about each question and crafting thoughtful responses, you can showcase yourself well. We want to see that you put time and effort into each of the writing prompts.
Terms and Conditions
Please view the Terms and Conditions here.
All application materials must be submitted through the online application form. No physical application materials will be accepted. All entry information in connection with this scholarship contest submitted to Study.com become the property of Study.com upon submission
All applicants will be asked to provide their name and a photograph, which will be used only in the event the applicant wins one of the three prizes.