Study.com CTEL Scholarship
The California Teacher of English Learners (CTEL) exam is designed to ensure educators have the skills and knowledge needed to effectively teach English learners. The exam is divided into three subtests that cover language, language development, assessment, instruction, culture and inclusion. Earning a passing score on the CTEL exam helps educators meet their goal of securing authorizations for specialized English learner instruction. These authorization options include the English Learner Authorization, CLAD Certificate and Bilingual Authorization.
While preparing for the CTEL exam is a rewarding process, significant time and financial commitments associated with preparations can present challenges. To help the process flow a bit smoother, Study.com is offering three new CTEL Scholarship opportunities. Learn more about these scholarships below.
Study.com offers CTEL Scholarships at three different prize levels: $500 for first prize, $300 for second prize and $200 for third prize. There will only be one scholarship winner per award level. After three winners have been chosen for scholarship awards, they will be notified by phone or email using the number or address provided on the application. The name shared on the application form will be printed on the winner's check. Notifications will not be sent to applicants who do not win a scholarship.
First Prize: $500
Second Prize: $300
Third Prize: $200
Test takers applying to win a CTEL Scholarship are required to meet the following requirements. Eligibility will not be extended to applicants who do not meet these requirements.
- Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time the application is submitted.
- Applicants must be planning on taking the CTEL by April 1, 2020.
- Applicants must not be a previous Study.com CTEL Scholarship winner.
How to Apply for the CTEL Scholarship
Eligible test takers interested in applying for a scholarship award are required to fill out and submit an online application form. One entry is allowed per applicant. While completing the form, applicants might encounter questions like the following:
- What are your goals for taking the CTEL?
- What are your professional goals for the future?
- How would winning a Study.com CTEL Scholarship help you?
- What is the biggest challenge you have had to overcome while preparing for the CTEL?
CTEL Scholarship Deadline
All CTEL Scholarship applications must be filled out and submitted by April 1, 2020. Any applications received after this date will not be considered.
Tips for Application Responses
The process of completing the CTEL Scholarship application could feel overwhelming if you're not sure what constitutes quality responses to the open-ended questions. Here are some tips to consider when answering questions:
- Study the prompts: Each prompt seeks to learn something different about your CTEL exam journey. To provide the most detailed information possible, we recommend studying and closely aligning your responses with the prompts.
- Reflect on each response: It's good to take as much time as needed to reflect on your journey before crafting your responses. This way, you can offer in-depth answers that provide amazing insight into your educational and professional goals.
- Tell your unique story: Your story is unlike any other scholarship applicant's story. Creating original responses tells us what makes you unique while ensuring you avoid unintentional plagiarism.
Terms and Conditions
Please view the Terms and Conditions here.
All application materials must be submitted through the online application form. No physical application materials will be accepted. All entry information in connection with this scholarship contest submitted to Study.com become the property of Study.com upon submission.