Study.com DSST Scholarship
The DSST, or DANTES Subject Standardized Tests, are credit-granting examinations that often lead to college credit for passing scores. These examinations are a form of prior learning assessment that determine to what degree a person has acquired subject-area knowledge through a combination of on-the-job training and independent study.
Preparing for the DSST can require significant effort, and finding both good test preparation resources and the time to use them is often a frustrating experience. To help, Study.com is pleased to announce three separate scholarships for DSST test takers to prepare for this important exam. For more information on eligibility requirements, awards, and other important information, please see below.
DSST Scholarship Awards
To help test takers prepare for the DSST, Study.com is offering three separate levels of DSST scholarships. Applicants will have a chance to win one of the following prizes: $500 first prize scholarship, $300 second prize scholarship, or $200 third prize scholarship.
Each award is intended to provide financial assistance to DSST test-takers to help with the cost of preparing for the test. Whether this is to help with test related fees or effective test preparation materials, we think cost shouldn't be a barrier to your success on the DSST.
Study.com DSST Scholarship winners will be notified by email or phone at the address or number provided in the application form. Applicants that are not selected for one of the scholarship awards will not be notified.
- First Prize: $500
- Second Prize: $300
- Third Prize: $200
Eligibility Requirements for the DSST Scholarship
All DSST scholarship applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for an award. Applicants that do not meet the requirements will not be considered.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time you submit your application
- Plan on taking the DSST by April 1st, 2019.
- Not be a previous Study.com DSST Scholarship winner.
How to Apply
We encourage eligible applicants to start the process by filling out a DSST Scholarship Application Form. Each submitted application will be considered for all three awards; we will only consider one application per person.
As part of the scholarship application, you will have the opportunity to answer several writing prompts. These writing prompts will provide you the chance to share with us what makes your situation unique and how a scholarship award will help you.
Some sample writing prompts you'll find in the scholarship application include:
- How would winning a Study.com DSST Scholarship help you?
- What are your professional goals for the future?
- What are your goals for taking the DSST?
- What is the biggest challenge you have had to overcome while preparing for the DSST?
DSST Scholarship Deadline
Scholarship applications must be completed and submitted by April 1, 2019. Incomplete applications or applications submitted after this time will not be considered.
Tips for Application Responses
Want to make your scholarship application stand out? Since we want to know what makes your situation unique and how winning a Study.com DSST Scholarship will help you reach your goals, our best advice is to take the time to carefully and clearly respond to the writing prompts.
Here are a few tips for completing your scholarship application:
- Original writing: We appreciate clear, concise, and original writing. A great way to do this is avoid plagiarizing or otherwise using the thoughts of others.
- Focus on the prompt: We are interested in learning about what makes your situation unique, and the best responses will do so by staying focused on the prompt.
- Thoughtful responses: Your writing should demonstrate that you've thought carefully about each question and put time into your written response.
Terms and Conditions
Please view the Terms and Conditions here.
All application materials must be submitted through the online application form. No physical application materials will be accepted. All entry information in connection with this scholarship contest submitted to Study.com become the property of Study.com upon submission
All applicants will be asked to provide their name and a photograph, which will be used only in the event the applicant wins one of the three prizes.