Study.com MEGA/MoGEA Scholarship
Whether you already have a professional educator's license or you are getting ready for first time licensure, if you plan to teach in the state of Missouri, passing the relevant MEGA (Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments) is required for certification. These tests cover specialized content and grade-level pedagogy, as well as basic skills (MoGEA, or Missouri General Education Assessment).
At Study.com, we understand that preparing for these exams can be a challenge on many levels. It takes time and effort to gear up for the MEGA, and it can even take a bite out of your budget. To help, we are offering scholarships that will help provide some financial support as you get ready to take the MEGA or MoGEA. This article will explain what we have to offer and how you can apply for a chance to win one of three awards.
MEGA/MoGEA Scholarship Awards
Study.com is now offering three prize categories for the MEGA/MoGEA Scholarship. A $500 scholarship is available to one first prize winner. One second prize winner will receive a $300 scholarship, while one third prize winner will receive a $200 scholarship. All prizes will be awarded as a check, made out to the name provided on the application form. Only winning entrants will be contacted by Study.com, at the email address or phone number provided in the application.
- First Prize: $500
- Second Prize: $300
- Third Prize: $200
Eligibility Requirements for the MEGA/MoGEA Scholarship
All MEGA/MoGEA Scholarship candidates must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time the application is submitted.
- Applicants must be planning on taking the MEGA/MoGEA by April 1st, 2019.
- Applicants must not be a previous Study.com MEGA/MoGEA Scholarship winner.
How to Apply
To enter, fill out the online application form, making sure to use a valid name, email address and/or phone number. You'll automatically be eligible to win any one of the three prizes. Note that your application will include a constructed response section so we can get a good idea of who you are and why you're the best candidate for the award. These questions include:
- What is the biggest challenge you have had to overcome while preparing for the MEGA/MoGEA?
- How would winning a Study.com MEGA/MoGEA Scholarship help you?
- What are your goals for taking the MEGA/MoGEA?
- What are your professional goals for the future?
MEGA/MoGEA Scholarship Deadline
The entry period for the Study.com MEGA/MoGEA Scholarship closes on April 1, 2019. Any application forms submitted after this date are automatically disqualified.
Tips for a Successful Application
This is an opportunity for you to tell us about the trials and tribulations that have shaped your journey as a professional educator. The open-ended questions on the MEGA/MoGEA Scholarship application are designed to encourage fresh responses that reflect your personality and experience. Your responses should also demonstrate:
- Thoughtfulness: Consider what each question is asking and take as much time as you need to compose your best answer.
- Originality: Your response should highlight your unique points and values. Please don't copy anybody else's writing.
- Clarity of purpose: Answer each question thoroughly but clearly. Detailed responses are great, but make sure you stick to the prompt!
Terms and Conditions
Please view the Terms and Conditions here.
All application materials must be submitted through the online application form. No physical application materials will be accepted. All entry information in connection with this scholarship contest submitted to Study.com become the property of Study.com upon submission.
All applicants will be asked to provide their name and a photograph, which will be used only in the event the applicant wins one of the three prizes.