Study.com MTEL Scholarship
The Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL) were created to assess a prospective teacher's knowledge of pedagogical and subject-area skills. The state of Massachusetts requires most teachers to pass at least one of the MTEL exams to qualify for teacher licensure.
Since it requires time and money to effectively prepare for these certification exams, Study.com is offering three scholarships to help MTEL test takers prep for test day. Please see below for more information on scholarship requirements, awards, and other important information.
Study.com is offering three separate levels of MTEL scholarships. Applicants are awarded as follows: one $500 scholarship for first prize, one $300 for second prize, and one $200 for third prize. There is one winner per scholarship award amount for a total of three scholarship recipients. Scholarship winners will be notified by email or phone at the address or number provided in the application form. Only applicants that are selected as a scholarship recipient will be notified.
- First Prize: $500
- Second Prize: $300
- Third Prize: $200
Please refer to the following requirements for scholarship eligibility. Any applications from applicants that do not meet the following criteria will not be considered.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicants must plan on taking the MTEL by April 1, 2020.
- Applicants must not be a previous Study.com MTEL Scholarship winner.
How to Apply for the MTEL Scholarship
Any eligible candidate that is interested in preparing for the MTEL can fill out an MTEL Scholarship application form for a chance to win one of the three scholarships listed above. Please note that Study.com will only consider one entry per scholarship applicant, so please refrain from submitting multiple applications.
As part of your MTEL Scholarship application process, you will be asked to answer several questions related to your MTEL preparation and career goals. Some writing prompts include:
- What are your goals for taking the MTEL?
- What are your professional goals for the future?
- How would winning a Study.com MTEL Scholarship help you?
- What is the biggest challenge you have had to overcome while preparing for the MTEL?
MTEL Scholarship Deadline
Applications must be finalized and submitted no later than April 1, 2020. Any applications submitted after April 1, 2020 will not be considered. If you have missed the scholarship deadline, please wait for the next scholarship application period to apply.
Tips for Application Responses
Each prospective teacher has a unique story to tell. This scholarship application is an opportunity to tell us yours. Here at Study.com, we appreciate responses to the open-ended application questions that show at least some of the following characteristics:
- Clear and original writing: Use your own voice and your own words to tell your story. Do not plagiarize or otherwise use the thoughts of others.
- Thoughtful responses: It should be clear that you've carefully considered each question and put time into your written responses.
- Responses stick to the prompt: While we do want to learn all about your test and career goals, it can be easy to want to include more information than necessary to address the prompt. The strongest responses are informative and focused.
Terms and Conditions
Please view the Terms and Conditions here.
All application materials must be submitted through the online application form. No physical application materials will be accepted. All entry information in connection with this scholarship contest submitted to Study.com become the property of Study.com upon submission
All applicants will be asked to provide their name and a photograph, which will be used only in the event the applicant wins one of the three prizes.