Study.com NMTA Scholarship
The New Mexico Teacher Assessments (NMTA) program offers dozens of educator licensure exams with the goal of measuring teacher candidates' knowledge, skills and readiness to teach or perform professional roles in New Mexico schools. Licensure exams available through the NMTA program include English Language Arts, Educational Administrator, General Science, Music, Special Education and School Counselor.
Studying for an NMTA exam requires significant time, money and effort. To help educator candidates achieve their goal of securing licensure in New Mexico, Study.com has created three new scholarships. Keep reading for more information.
NMTA Scholarships are available at three levels with one winner awarded $500 for first prize, one awarded $300 for second prize and one awarded $200 for third prize. Each winner will be contacted by phone or email using the number or address shared on the application. On each scholarship check will be printed the winner's name as written on the application form. Individuals who do not win a scholarship will not be notified.
- First Prize: $500
- Second Prize: $300
- Third Prize: $200
Applicants should ensure they meet the following requirements before submitting an NMTA Scholarship application. Eligibility will not be extended to applicants who do not meet these requirements.
- Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time the application is submitted.
- Applicants must be planning on taking the NMTA by April 1st, 2019.
- Applicants must not be a previous Study.com NMTA Scholarship winner.
How to Apply for the NMTA Scholarship
Eligible test takers are required to fill out and submit an application form to qualify for one of three NMTA Scholarships. Only one scholarship entry per applicant will be considered. Types of questions applicants are asked to respond to include the following:
- What are your goals for taking the NMTA?
- What are your professional goals for the future?
- How would winning a Study.com NMTA Scholarship help you?
- What is the biggest challenge you have had to overcome while preparing for the NMTA?
NMTA Scholarship Deadline
The deadline to complete and submit all scholarship applications is April 1, 2019. Any applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered.
Tips for Application Responses
Wondering how your NMTA Scholarship application can stand out among other entries? Here are some tips to consider when creating responses to the open-ended questions:
- Showcase originality: Creating unique responses can accurately showcase your personal journey while ensuring you avoid the possibility of plagiarizing others' content.
- Follow the prompts: A great way to make sure you answer each question clearly and fully is by carefully reading and revisiting the prompts as you create your responses.
- Pace yourself: We recommend taking as much time as needed to think about and create in-depth and insightful responses.
Terms and Conditions
Please view the Terms and Conditions here.
All application materials must be submitted through the online application form. No physical application materials will be accepted. All entry information in connection with this scholarship contest submitted to Study.com become the property of Study.com upon submission.
All applicants will be asked to provide their name and a photograph, which will be used only in the event the applicant wins one of the three prizes.