Study.com OAE Scholarship
To help teaching credential candidates prepare for the Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE), Study.com now offers three different scholarships. Prospective educators seeking initial teacher licensure in the state of Ohio or current teachers adding a new licensure area are required to take one or more pedagogy and/or subject-area exams.
Preparing for the OAE requires not only planning, but also time, money, and effort. To help prospective or current teachers through this process, Study.com has created three scholarships. For details, please review the information below.
OAE Scholarship Awards
There are three different levels of RICA scholarships available: one $500 scholarship for first prize, one $300 for second prize, and one $200 for third prize. Award recipients are selected by a scholarship committee that will judge the individual merits of each application.
Study.com RICA Scholarship winners will be notified by email or phone at the address or number provided in the application form, so please review carefully all contact information provided in your application. Applicants that are not selected for one of the scholarship awards will not be notified.
- First Prize: $500
- Second Prize: $300
- Third Prize: $200
Eligibility Requirements for the OAE Scholarship
Each application will be reviewed in part to ensure the applicant meets certain eligibility requirements. To be considered eligible for one of the Study.com OAE scholarships, you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicants must plan on taking the OAE by April 1, 2020.
- Applicants must not be a previous Study.com OAE Scholarship winner.
How to Apply
Eligible and interested test takers can begin the process by filling out an OAE Scholarship Application Form. Study.com will consider one scholarship entry per applicant.
The OAE scholarship application contains a section of writing prompts to give you a chance to explain your unique career and test prep goals. These will help our scholarship selection committee better understand what makes your application distinct. Some writing prompts include:
- How would winning a Study.com OAE Scholarship help you?
- What are your professional goals for the future?
- What are your goals for taking the OAE?
- What is the biggest challenge you have had to overcome while preparing for the OAE?
OAE Scholarship Deadline
Please submit your application through the OAE Scholarship Application Form no later than April 1, 2020. Only applications submitted through the online application form will be considered. Applications submitted after April 1, 2020 or by a means other than the online submission form will not be considered. If you have missed the deadline, we encourage you to check back for future OAE scholarship opportunities.
Tips for Application Responses
No two prospective teachers are the same, and neither are their entries. We want to know what makes your situation unique and how winning a scholarship will help you achieve your test preparation and career goals. We value responses to open-ended questions in the application that demonstrate some or all the following characteristics:
- Clear and original writing: We want to easily understand what makes your application unique. A great way to do this is to avoid plagiarizing or otherwise using the thoughts of others.
- Focus on the prompt: There is a lot one could share related to goals, but the strongest responses are focused on the prompt.
- Thoughtful responses: Take time with your responses. We want to see evidence that you've put time and thought into each prompt.
Terms and Conditions
Please view the Terms and Conditions here.
All application materials must be submitted through the online application form. No physical application materials will be accepted. All entry information in connection with this scholarship contest submitted to Study.com become the property of Study.com upon submission
All applicants will be asked to provide their name and a photograph, which will be used only in the event the applicant wins one of the three prizes.