Study.com PERT Scholarship
If you are entering the Florida college system for the first time, you may have to take a Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT) before signing up for your classes. The PERT is a diagnostic exam that will help the college find the English and mathematics classes that are right for you. You can't pass or fail the PERT, but you should still try your best on the test so you can start your freshman year on the right foot.
We here at Study.com we understand that starting college can be a little overwhelming. There's a lot on your plate, from registration and placement tests, to buying books and paying tuition. Our new PERT Scholarship is designed to help cover some of these costs so you can focus on doing your best. Read on and find out what we've got to offer and how you can apply!
PERT Scholarship Awards
Study.com is now accepting scholarship applications from any student who is taking the PERT for placement into a Florida college. We will select three winning applicants, who will win one of the three award levels: First prize is a $500 check, second prize is a $300 check, and third prize is a $200 check. Please note that only winning entrants will be notified, by the phone number or email address provided on the application form.
- First Prize: $500
- Second Prize: $300
- Third Prize: $200
Eligibility Requirements for the PERT Scholarship
Please ensure that you comply with the following eligibility requirements before submitting a PERT Scholarship application form:
- Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time the application is submitted.
- Applicants must be planning on taking the PERT by April 1, 2020.
- Applicants must not be a previous Study.com PERT Scholarship winner.
How to Apply
Simply complete and submit the provided online application form before the deadline. Please make sure that you provide valid and current contact information, and keep in mind that we will only consider one form per entrant. You will also be asked to write about your goals and challenges, so consider the following questions as you prepare to fill out the form:
- What is the biggest challenge you have had to overcome while preparing for the PERT?
- How would winning a Study.com PERT Scholarship help you?
- What are your goals for taking the PERT?
- What are your professional goals for the future?
PERT Scholarship Deadline
All applications for the Study.com PERT Scholarship must be submitted before April 1, 2020. Any applications received after this date are automatically disqualified.
Tips for a Successful Application
We want to get to know you! Use these responses to show us why you're the best choice for a PERT Scholarship. We value responses that demonstrate:
- Thought and planning: It's okay to take your time with these. Think about what each question is asking and craft your response with style and care. Be sure to check for typos and grammar gaffes.
- Originality: Be your most honest self! Don't exaggerate or lie, and never plagiarize another person's words or experiences.
- Understanding of the prompt: We understand that you may have a lot to tell us, but please try to stay on topic. Make sure that your response provides a complete answer to the prompt.
Terms and Conditions
Please view the Terms and Conditions here.
All application materials must be submitted through the online application form. No physical application materials will be accepted. All entry information in connection with this scholarship contest submitted to Study.com become the property of Study.com upon submission.
All applicants will be asked to provide their name and a photograph, which will be used only in the event the applicant wins one of the three prizes.