Study.com TASC Scholarship
The Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) is a high school equivalency exam used to measure students' comprehension of five key subject areas and determine their readiness to excel in college and the 21st century workforce. This Common Core-aligned test covers social studies, reading, mathematics, science and writing. The exam was created in a partnership with Data Recognition Corporation and individual states and has replaced the GED in some states. It is available in both paper-pencil and online formats and can be taken at any state-approved testing site.
Preparing for the exam can present challenges for test takers due to the time, money and effort required to succeed. Study.com aims to ease the preparation process with three new TASC Scholarship opportunities. Find out more about these scholarships by reading the information below.
Study.com's TASC Scholarships are offered at three award levels with one scholarship winner per level. Once the three winners are chosen, they will be notified by phone or email using the number or address shared on the application form. Checks will be printed using the applicant's name as provided on the application. Applicants who do not win a scholarship will not be notified.
First Prize: $500
Second Prize: $300
Third Prize: $200
TASC Scholarship applicants should ensure they meet the following requirements before applying. Test takers who do not meet these requirements are not eligible to win a scholarship.
- Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time the application is submitted.
- Applicants must be planning on taking the TASC by April 1, 2020.
- Applicants must not be a previous Study.com TASC Scholarship winner.
How to Apply for the TASC Scholarship
To qualify to win a scholarship award, eligible test takers must complete and submit a TASC Scholarship online application form. Each applicant is allowed only one entry. Among questions applicants will encounter while completing the form are the following:
- What are your goals for taking the TASC?
- What are your professional goals for the future?
- How would winning a Study.com TASC Scholarship help you?
- What is the biggest challenge you have had to overcome while preparing for the TASC?
TASC Scholarship Deadline
April 1, 2020 is the deadline for filling out and submitting all TASC Scholarship applications. Applicants who submit after this date will not qualify to win an award.
Tips for Application Responses
Answering open-ended questions on the TASC Scholarship application might present challenges if you're not sure how best to create quality responses. Here are a few tips to consider during your writing process:
- Read each prompt carefully: The application process offers the opportunity to share your goals for the exam and beyond. To detail your journey in a clear, succinct manner, we recommend carefully reading and aligning your answers with the prompts.
- Showcase originality: Each prompt provides a chance to discuss what makes your story unique. By creating original responses to the prompts, you can showcase your personal perspective and avoid the possibility of plagiarizing others' content.
- Write comprehensive responses: We hope to learn as much about you as possible, including the importance of winning a scholarship and any challenges you've faced during your exam preparations. To provide in-depth answers to the prompts, we recommend spending as much time as needed when crafting your responses.
Terms and Conditions
Please view the Terms and Conditions here.
All application materials must be submitted through the online application form. No physical application materials will be accepted. All entry information in connection with this scholarship contest submitted to Study.com become the property of Study.com upon submission.
All applicants will be asked to provide their name and a photograph, which will be used only in the event the applicant wins one of the three prizes.