Study.com VCLA Scholarship
The Virginia Communication and Literacy Assessment (VLCA) is used to assess if teachers in Virginia possess the communication and literacy skills necessary to be effective educators. The exam contains two opportunities to establish proficiency, one in reading and one in writing. The VCLA exam ensures that not only will Virginia teachers excel in the classroom, but that they can communicate effectively with parents and the surrounding education community, as well.
Preparing for high-stakes & expensive exams, such as the VCLA, can be overwhelming. To help, Study.com has created three scholarships to try to reduce the burden. Below we have included details on eligibility requirements, types of prizes, and other important information needed to apply for a VCLA scholarship.
VCLA Scholarship Awards
There are three different VLCA scholarships available. The first-place applicant will be awarded a $500 prize. Additionally, the second-place applicant will be awarded $300 and the third-place applicant will be awarded $200.
Winners of the Study.com VCLA Scholarship will be notified via email or phone at the contact information provided in the application. Applicants that were not selected for one of the scholarship prizes will not be notified.
- First Prize: $500
- Second Prize: $300
- Third Prize: $200
- Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America.
- Applicants must be planning on taking the VCLA by April 1, 2020.
- Applicants must not be a previous Study.com VCLA Scholarship winner.
How to Apply for the VCLA Scholarship
If you are interested and qualified you can apply for a VCLA Scholarship using this application form to enter for a chance to win one of the three prizes. Study.com will only accept one scholarship entry per applicant. All applicants are asked to provide answers to several questions, such as:
- What are your goals for taking the VCLA?
- What are your professional goals for the future?
- How would winning a Study.com VCLA Scholarship help you?
- What is the biggest challenge you have had to overcome while preparing for the VCLA?
VCLA Scholarship Deadline
Applications must be completed and submitted by April 1, 2020 in order to be considered for any of the VCLA scholarships.
Tips for Application Responses
Since everyone has a special story to tell, no two VCLA scholarship applications are the same. Study.com seeks applications that have the following characteristics:
- Clear and original writing: We seek applicants that can tell their story in a unique way. We will not consider applications that use the thoughts or words of others, so please submit only original writing.
- Thoughtful responses: We want you to think critically and carefully craft your responses to the application questions.
- Responses stick to the prompt: We are looking for application responses that answer the questions directly and stay focused on the prompt.
Terms and Conditions
Please view the Terms and Conditions here.
All application materials must be submitted through the online application form. No physical application materials will be accepted. All entry information in connection with this scholarship contest submitted to Study.com become the property of Study.com upon submission
All applicants will be asked to provide their name and a photograph, which will be used only in the event the applicant wins one of the three prizes.