Copyright

Using the 85/15 Rule to Identify Root Causes of Problems in the Workplace

Instructions:

Choose an answer and hit 'next'. You will receive your score and answers at the end.

question 1 of 3

According to the 85/15 Rule, 85% of the problems in the workplace are caused by _____.

Create Your Account To Take This Quiz

As a member, you'll also get unlimited access to over 79,000 lessons in math, English, science, history, and more. Plus, get practice tests, quizzes, and personalized coaching to help you succeed.

Try it risk-free
Try it risk-free for 30 days. Cancel anytime
Already registered? Log in here for access

1. The 85/15 Rule states that 15% of the time _____.

2.

The 85/15 Rule states that which of the following parts of a company's system may contribute to problems in the workplace?

I. Rules/codes of conduct

II. Culture

III. Company expectations

Create your account to access this entire worksheet
A Premium account gives you access to all lesson, practice exams, quizzes & worksheets
Access to all video lessons
Quizzes, practice exams & worksheets
Certificate of Completion
Access to instructors
Create an account to get started Create Account

About This Quiz & Worksheet

In this quiz/worksheet combo, you'll find questions that will assess your ability to use the 85/15 Rule to identify the root causes of problems in the workplace. Work at your own pace as you answer questions about what the 85/15 Rule says about 85% of the problems in the workplace, what the other 15% of problems relate to and whos job it is to fix most of these problems.

Quiz & Worksheet Goals

Take this quiz to check how well you know:

  • What 85% of workplace problems are caused by, according to the 85/15 Rule
  • What the 85/15 Rule states about the other 15% of the problems
  • Which parts of a company's system may contribute to workplace problems
  • Whose job is it to fix workplace problems
  • Something you should ask when identifying the root causes of a problem in the workplace

Skills Practiced

  • Reading comprehension - ensure that you draw the most important information from the related lesson on using the 85/15 Rule
  • Information recall - access the knowledge you've gained regarding which parts of a company's system may contribute to workplace problems
  • Interpreting information - verify that you can read information regarding something you should ask when identifying root causes of workplace problems and interpret it correctly

Additional Learning

For those struggling to answer these quiz questions, we've put together an informative lesson called Using the 85/15 Rule to Identify Root Causes of Problems in the Workplace. You should be better able to answer these questions and do the following once you finish this lesson:

  • Explain how a lack of training could contribute to the root cause of a workplace problem
  • Discuss how an employee responds to the system most of the time
  • Outline the relationship between workplace culture and potential workplace problems
Support