Joint Probability: Definition, Formula & Examples

Instructions:

Choose an answer and hit 'next'. You will receive your score and answers at the end.

question 1 of 3

A baseball team winning its game and a hockey team also winning its game on the same night are an example of what type of event?

Create Your Account To Take This Quiz

As a member, you'll also get unlimited access to over 75,000 lessons in math, English, science, history, and more. Plus, get practice tests, quizzes, and personalized coaching to help you succeed.

Try it risk-free
Try it risk-free for 30 days. Cancel anytime
Already registered? Log in here for access

1. A softball team scoring ten runs and the softball team winning the game are an example of what type of event?

2. If an analyst believes the probability of the stock market going up today is 40% and the probability of the bond market going up is 60%, what is the probability that both of them go up today?

Create your account to access this entire worksheet
A Premium account gives you access to all lesson, practice exams, quizzes & worksheets
Access to all video lessons
Quizzes, practice exams & worksheets
Certificate of Completion
Access to instructors
Create an account to get started Create Account

About This Quiz and Worksheet

In this quiz and worksheet combination, you will be reviewing the definition and formula for join probability. Questions address examples of events and their dependence on each other as well as situations where the joint probability formula can be used.

Quiz and Worksheet Goals

You can expect to see the subjects and situations mentioned in the list below when you take the quiz:

  • Two different teams in different sports winning a game on the same night
  • A team scoring runs and winning the game
  • Practice problems involving joint probability calculation
  • Situations where the formula can be used

Skills Practiced

  • Information recall - remember what you have learned about situations where the formula can be used
  • Problem solving - use what you know to solve practice problems involving the calculation of joint probability
  • Making connections - understand the different types of events that can take place when compared to each other

Additional Learning

For further review, go to the lesson titled Joint Probability: Definition, Formula & Examples. With this lesson, you can check out the following extra topics:

  • Variables and their dependence
  • Using the formula when rolling dice
  • Applying the formula to weather-related events
Support