24 chapters | 242 quizzes
Pitch and Volume in Sound Waves - Quiz & Worksheet
Create Your Account To Take This QuizTry it risk-free
Try it risk-free for 30 days. Cancel anytime
Already registered? Log in here for access
1. Which wave parameter is related to the pitch of a sound?
2. Which scale is used to measure the intensity of sound?
Create your account to access this entire worksheet
A Premium account gives you access to all lesson, practice exams, quizzes & worksheets
Access to all video lessons
Quizzes, practice exams & worksheets
Certificate of Completion
Access to instructors
Create an account to get started Create Account
About This Quiz & Worksheet
This quiz and corresponding worksheet will help to gauge your understanding of the properties of pitch and volume in sound waves. Topics you will need to know in order to pass the quiz include the parameters and scales used to measure sound waves.
Quiz & Worksheet Goals
Use these assessment tools to assess your knowledge of:
- The wave parameter related to volume of sound
- Which parameter is related to pitch
- The scale used to measure intensity of a sound
- What type of waves sound waves are classified as
- What amplitude measures
This worksheet and quiz let you practice the following skills:
- Critical thinking - apply relevant concepts to examine information about the parameters related to pitch and volume in sound waves in a different light
- Interpreting information - verify that you can read information regarding the scaled used to measure sound intensity and interpret it correctly
- Knowledge application- use your knowledge to answer questions about the type of wave sound waves are
To learn more about the properties of pitch and volume in sound waves, review the corresponding lesson called Pitch and Volume in Sound Waves. This lesson can help you learn more about:
- The five parameters that describes a wave's energy
- What each parameter measures
- Definitions of intensity and volume
- Why volume is proportional to amplitude
- Pitch and the acoustic range
You are viewing quiz Quiz 5 in chapter 5 of the course:
Physical Science: Help and Review Course Practice
Ch 1. Newton's Laws of Motion: Help and...
Ch 2. Energy and Momentum: Help and...
Ch 3. GED Science: Physical Science
Ch 4. Thermodynamics in Physical Science:...
Ch 5. Waves, Sound, and Light
- Vibrations and Waves: Energy and Motion Quiz
- Wave Parameters: Wavelength, Amplitude, Period, Frequency & Speed Quiz
- Transverse & Longitudinal Waves: Definition & Examples Quiz
- What is Sound? - Definition and Factors Affecting the Speed of Sound Quiz
- Pitch and Volume in Sound Waves Quiz
- Electromagnetic Waves: Definition, Sources & Properties Quiz
- The 7 Major Regions of the Electromagnetic Spectrum Quiz
- The Nature of Light: Origin, Spectrum & Color Frequency Quiz
- Reflection: Angle of Incidence and Curved Surfaces Quiz
- Diffuse Reflection: Definition, Examples & Surfaces Quiz
- Resonance: Definition & Transmission of Waves Quiz
- Transparent and Opaque Materials in Electromagnetic Waves Quiz
- Color: White Light, Reflection & Absorption Quiz
- Refraction & Dispersion: Definition, Snell's Law & Index of Refraction Quiz
- Diffraction: Relation to Sound & Light and Effects of Wavelength Quiz
- Constructive and Destructive Interference Quiz
- The Doppler Effect: Definition, Examples & Applications Quiz
- Wave-Particle Duality: Concept, Explanation & Examples Quiz
- Go to Waves, Sound, and Light
Ch 6. Waves and Optics: Help and...
Ch 7. Electric Power & Electricity: Help and...
Ch 8. Magnetism: Help and Review
Ch 9. Properties of Matter in Chemistry: Help...
Ch 10. Elements, Compounds, Mixtures &...
Ch 11. Bonding in Chemistry: Help and...
Ch 12. Gases & Gas Laws: Help and...
Ch 13. Kinetics in Chemistry: Help and...
Ch 14. The Periodic Table in Physical Science:...
Ch 15. Phase Changes for Liquids and Solids in...
Ch 16. Atomic Theory and Atomic Structure:...
Ch 17. Stoichiometry in Physical Science: Help...
Ch 18. Radioactivity: Help and Review
Ch 19. Acids, Bases, and Reactions in...
Ch 20. Equilibrium in Physical Science: Help...
Ch 21. Chemistry Lab Basics
- Go to Chemistry Lab Basics
Ch 22. ASVAB: Energy & Work
- Go to ASVAB: Energy & Work
Ch 23. ASVAB: Fluids
- Go to ASVAB: Fluids
Ch 24. ASVAB: Oceanography
- Go to ASVAB: Oceanography
Explore our library of over 88,000 lessons
Browse by subject