26 chapters | 254 quizzes
Lobbying: Definition, Purpose & Methods - Quiz & Worksheet
Create Your Account To Take This QuizTry it risk-free
Try it risk-free for 30 days. Cancel anytime
Already registered? Log in here for access
1. Which of these is the best example of a lobbyist?
2. Who is least likely to want to stop lobbyists?
Create your account to access this entire worksheet
A Premium account gives you access to all lesson, practice exams, quizzes & worksheets
Access to all video lessons
Quizzes, practice exams & worksheets
Certificate of Completion
Access to instructors
Create an account to get started Create Account
About This Quiz & Worksheet
Lobbying is a method of influencing government officials to act on behalf of the interests of a particular group. The quiz and worksheet for this lesson will test you on how lobbying works in practice and on specific details such as which particular groups would be most likely to hire a lobbyist.
Quiz & Worksheet Goals
The lesson resources will test you on:
- Description of a lobbyist
- Groups hiring lobbyists
- Legislation to limit lobbying efforts
- Usefulness of the practice of lobbying
The quiz and worksheet will assess your skills of:
- Reading comprehension - ensure that you draw the most important information from the related lobbying lesson
- Critical thinking - apply relevant concepts to examine information about political activity in a different light
- Knowledge application - use your knowledge to answer questions about the role of a lobbyist
- Information recall - access the knowledge you've gained regarding attempted limits on lobbyists
Be sure to review the lesson, Lobbying: Definition, Purpose & Methods, in order to effectively cover all of the relevant subject information. This lesson will cover these objectives:
- Identify groups that hire lobbyists
- Understand the role of a lobbyist
- Discover why lobbying is a useful endeavor
- Understand attempts to limit the effect that lobbyists have on Congress
You are viewing quiz Quiz 2 in chapter 17 of the course:
GACE Political Science (532) Prep Course Practice
Ch 1. About the GACE Test
- Go to About the GACE Test
Ch 2. Political Science Concepts
Ch 3. Political Thought
- Go to Political Thought
Ch 4. Major Political Thinkers
- Go to Major Political Thinkers
Ch 5. Development of the U.S. Political...
Ch 6. The U.S. Constitution
- Go to The U.S. Constitution
Ch 7. The U.S Legislative Branch
Ch 8. The U.S. Executive Branch
Ch 9. The U.S. Judicial Branch
- Go to The U.S. Judicial Branch
Ch 10. GACE Political Science: U.S....
Ch 11. Federal Government & the Economy
Ch 12. Georgia State Government
- Go to Georgia State Government
Ch 13. Political Parties & Elections
Ch 14. Media & Culture in U.S. Politics
Ch 15. American Federalism
- Go to American Federalism
Ch 16. Rights & Responsibilities of U.S....
Ch 17. Interest Groups & Lobbying
- What Are Interest Groups in the United States? - History & Types Quiz
- Lobbying: Definition, Purpose & Methods Quiz
- Public vs. Private Interest Groups Quiz
- Development & Maintenance of Interest Groups Quiz
- Strategies & Influence of Interest Groups on American Politics Quiz
- Pluralist View of Interest Groups on American Politics Quiz
- The Relationship Between Political Parties & Interest Groups Quiz
- Interest-Group Litigation Strategies: Ways to Influence Policy Quiz
- The Iron Triangle: Definition, Theory & Examples Quiz
- Go to Interest Groups & Lobbying
Ch 18. Crime & Criminal Justice in the...
Ch 19. U.S. Foreign Policy
- Go to U.S. Foreign Policy
Ch 20. Various Government Structures
Ch 21. Local Geography & Politics
Ch 22. International Relations
- Go to International Relations
Ch 23. Actors in International...
Ch 24. International Law & Politics
Ch 25. Global Issues in International...
Ch 26. GACE Political Science...
Explore our library of over 88,000 lessons
Browse by subject